+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Views on the game

Delighted to hear the performance matched the result, missed the game due to work.

Great to hear wee Willo is back taking a game as well.

Based on recent records of our assistant managers maybe we should see if Gordon Young fancies being co-manager with LE - that pairing could be unstoppable! 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Was just about to put something up and it wasnt a moan!

One of the things i wanted in reply to someone towards the end of last season was entertainment. I got that today, but i am not allowing myself to get carried away. Even their consolation goal at the end looked like a cracker!

Flood i have been really critical off since last season made me eat my words.

Fraser still frustrated me at times today, but we are finally seeing more of the Scott Fraser that people have been shouting about.

Billy King is someone who other seem to dislike, but i have liked what i saw and today was one of the best. Seemed to get even better when he was allowed a bit of licence to roam towards the end.

The team overall showed a bit of heart and long may that continue!
    I've never disliked King, he's just been pretty cr@p, today he played well.

It was an enjoyable game to watch for both sets of fans. I felt at times they carved us open too easily and like us the lack of a target man let them down. It really was end to end stuff though and we had to stand firm in central defence. Not seen us fight like that for a long time.

Good game to watch. Both teams really up for it and,playing some no bad fitba at times.

Stanton, Willo, and Fraser all excellent. Not many negatives from United perspective although thought King was poor at times, did improve latterly and young Harry seemed a bit nervous occasionally.

Good positivity and support from the stands for one if the best games at Tanny I have experienced in some considerable time. Well done to Laurie Ellis for stepping up to the plate here and doing so well . Much improved attitude and desire from our players, like a different team out there.

PS Also a mention for Tam Scobbie , thought he played very well indeed , a real organiser and leader on the park. Good to see him back in the team and playing so well.
    Last edited by TangerineDream; 05-11-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Best we've played in f ucking ages!!!

Billy King is sh1te though

I like King, very good workrate and attitude, gets up and down the park well, does the tracking back and helping out the defence

King was shocking first half but improved as game went on.

As did Stanton, was quiet until the last twenty when he was immense

Kings pretty sh*te no doubt but I thought he played no bad yesterday, his work rate to get back and help was good.

i thought it was a good game yesterday and both teams deserved credit for trying to play football. Fair play to Ellis for changing things, reverting to one up front, putting Fraser in the centre where he is most effective, and putting Scobbie in ahead of the Edge has helped our passing and organisation at the back. I think McKinnon would have just gone for more of the same, the last time at Paisley he played Quinn on the left side of the centre halves and he was honking because he couldnt use his left foot and just kept passing inside. Also by dropping McMullan it might give him the kick up the backside he needs to get back to his best.

It was a shame the keeper flogged one at the end cause the defence deserved a shut-out on the day for the way they played. One other minor gripe was our losing possession from our own throws, esp on the left, partly through a lack of movement.

Stanton looked good early on in the season and seems to be getting somewhere back to that form, perhaps just getting fit again after his injury. Not convinced at all by King, he seems to lack heart and dig and constantly loses it in dangerous positions, in fairness he at least gets back to cover.

Ellis has Given the new manager a decent base to work from, though he is still going to have to work with a leight weight squad. Would be nice if we could start winning a few games by comfortable 3-4 scores, just to take pressure off, as just about every win has been close fought in the past couple of seasons, not leaving much margin for error.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)