+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Views on the game

Views on the game

Anyone, or is there nothing to moan about today? 😂

Great 3 points, great commitment fae all the players today, Fraser and Stanton caused saints problems all day with their direct running, not many failures today, Carlsberg Saturday 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Great 3 points, great commitment fae all the players today, Fraser and Stanton caused saints problems all day with their direct running, not many failures today, Carlsberg Saturday 😊
    Fantastic!

Was just about to put something up and it wasnt a moan!

One of the things i wanted in reply to someone towards the end of last season was entertainment. I got that today, but i am not allowing myself to get carried away. Even their consolation goal at the end looked like a cracker!

Flood i have been really critical off since last season made me eat my words.

Fraser still frustrated me at times today, but we are finally seeing more of the Scott Fraser that people have been shouting about.

Billy King is someone who other seem to dislike, but i have liked what i saw and today was one of the best. Seemed to get even better when he was allowed a bit of licence to roam towards the end.

The team overall showed a bit of heart and long may that continue!

That's more like the way I want us to play, high tempo, commitment, intricate when we needed to be. We thoroughly deserved the three points.
    Scobbie and Durnan were brilliant in the centre of defence, St Mirren put tons of crosses in. Even Flood looked good with a triple tackle.
    Very positive about our chances if we play like this every week and Laurie Ellis deserves a lot of credit for this.

The longer we don't have a manager the better.Singing in the George Fox today!,honestly they were

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The longer we don't have a manager the better.Singing in the George Fox today!,honestly they were
    Someone in the GF lower behind me made that very comment! To be fair, he was the one who was trying to start it!

Valencia Fun United treble. Celebrating here. Get in there 😆 Not a fan of Carlsberg but might make an exception tonight

A good win no doubt and we held firm while they took control of the midfield end of first half into the 2nd,great call taking Smith off as he was out of the game and Fyvie's introduction turned the game in our favour.
    We probably could and should have scored more but that's a minor issue as was the keepers brainfart for their goal.

Joint top now with a new manager coming in this week,things definitely looking on the up oh and the fun keeping up their end as well.

Really positive display full of pace, drive and movement. Agree with what others have said above about Flood, Stanton, Fraser and King but thought that Tam Scobie is worth a mention for the way he marshalled the back 4. Took no nonsense and did the simple things right. Durnan looked a better player beside him. St Midden came out and had a go which made a cracking game of it. Disappointed though to loose the clean sheet in the 93rd minute. Very positive though other than that and a massive improvement over the ICT game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)