+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tactical dilemma

Tactical dilemma

Some folk on here understandably saying that our tactics have been rumbled and then we struggle without what appears to be a Plan B or C. The essential problem is that we play a more attacking/countering game because our defence doesn't seem to be solid and organised enough to be able to play more defensively, hence we press higher up the pitch but then leave ourselves vulnerable to long punts and sides that get into our faces and ensure we can't get into our stride. Improve our defence, and we have more chance of adding effective dimensions to our game and being - harder to beat. Suspect we would have conceded far fewer if you remove the 'soft goals given away' thus far. Don't mind losing so much if we make the other side work hard for their goals.

I’ve often tried to stick up for the managers over the last couple of seasons and been called a happy clapper for it.
    We are at the moment a reflection of the management team loads of effort physically fit but not a lot of quality.
    Not missedl a game all season and when things aren’t working the management don’t know what to do.
    Defensively we’re poor.
    Passing wise we’re poor.
    Leadership on the pitch is poor.
    Creativity excluding the long ball were poor.

NO PLAN B

Understand your frustrations Yak - having a decent back line is an important building block - high pressing game can take the pressure off, but once you get rumbled....... think that's what we're seeing now

It’s basic things we get wrong.

We can’t defend, our management team is clueless on how to change this.

Our trading regime appears to be a Forest Gump approach of “run Forest run” beyond that there’s nothing.

The honeymoon period for Warne and Barker is over, divorce is looming

This time last season we ****ed away games off, same again this season cancelled donny n blacky baallox to em least i'll get a r8 pint in the Silkstone Inn next Saturday at noon. UTWM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    This time last season we ****ed away games off, same again this season cancelled donny n blacky baallox to em least i'll get a r8 pint in the Silkstone Inn next Saturday at noon. UTWM!!!
    Have a few for me monkey...

We have booked for Donny, Bristol Rovers and Blackpool...can't wait lol !!

Tactical dilemma ?....What tactics are we talking about ?