+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reds sign striker Victor !

Reds sign striker Victor !

The Reds have today captured the talented Nigerian striker on a three-year deal!

Having come through the youth system with Premier League giants, Arsenal, Adeboyejo moved to Leyton Orient in the summer of 2014 as a 16-year-old.

He performed exceedingly well in Orient's U18 side during the early part of the 2014–15 season, scoring 10 goals in 16 appearances, and was quickly moved up to the club's reserve team where his goal-scoring exploits continued.

After a number of short spells on loan in non-league where the goals still flowed, Victor returned to Orient and netted his first goal for the club in April against Hartlepool United.

Upon relegation last season, Adeboyejo departed Brisbane Road and has since then been courted by a number of clubs higher up the league pyramid.

Victor spent time with our U23 squad recently, making a handful of appearances and finding the back of the net on a regular basis.

This caught the attention of others and the powerful frontman was soon on trial with Premier League outfits.

However, we are delighted to today confirm that Victor has chosen to join Barnsley FC!

With numerous offers on the table, including the Premier League, the young striker felt that Oakwell was the best place for him to continue his rapid development and has today committed his future to the Reds, signing a three-year contract.

Upon signing the frontman, Paul Harsley commented, “Victor is a player we have all really pushed to get into the Club so we’re delighted he’s chosen to join us. He’s full of pace, power and most importantly determination to do well. He’s a handful for defenders and has shown that during the games he was on trial with us. Those matches have helped immensely in the fact he’s coming back into a group he has already managed to meet and play with.

“My role now is to ensure I don’t see Victor much longer, as we want to progress him into the first team at the earliest possible opportunity!”

Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom added, “Victor has seen a clear pathway at the Club which is a compliment to what we are doing here and from his point of view, really exciting. He had multiple offers on the table but he always stated how much he wanted to join us which was impressive. He’s got a real chance to work hard and impress now, we want to see him pushing for the first team.”

Name:  3DA47256-60BA-4B25-A64A-11C94714C009.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  20.8 KB

Who is This guy? I'll be honest I thought he is nothing more than a body, a stockin filler. Come on then U23 watchers, spill the beans on This kid, is he all that?

Only watched him one game and I was very impressed could be another gem 💰💰

We'll as Hecky sez its testimony to what we are doing here that he's chosen us. If offers were on the table from higher club's in the football pyramid then credit to the lad that he chose lower wages to get his career started here. It sez a lot abart his attitude, good luck to him

This, i believe, will be a very good signing! But the development plan will need to be spot on to keep him here.

Time we discovered a talented young forward , could he be the one ?

I think this lad 'll be fast tracked to first team. Just a hunch.