+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: when will rafas plan start to work

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'll tell you why I'm lacking patience, when normally I've been ultra patient in the past.
    It's because I am starting to see some of the worst football I've seen for a long long time from players that are capable of offering much more. And that's down to the manager and coaches he instructs to set them up.

I also get bad vibes from Rafa and see him as a dummy spitting manager within the club, with players who maybe have questions for him. You know, stuff like " hey boss, I'm fit and working hard and biting at the bit, when do I get into team."
    I think Rafa takes stuff like that as a personal dig rather than seeing a hungry player.
    Ok I might have embellished that a little bit but I think you can see what I'm saying.

One manager I didn't like was McClaren. I accepted him because I hoped he would magically do something for us with the players he had. His smug smirks sealed his fate on top of his excuses for us not winning.

Rafa gives me the opposite feeling of dislike , because in Rafa I'm looking at him in a more cold sense. I don't get any real good vibes from him.
    I feel like he's someone that's stood in his garden with his ball and telling all who wait outside to play, " you'll play how I want or I won't bring my ball out." Whilst the players are all thinking, " ahhh let's just get on with it, even though we hate playing like this."

I don't think it's just me that'll be losing patience. I honestly think that the players will start to revolt. I think you'll start to see the harmony become disharmony as it will show on that pitch.
    No football player wants to be stifled or made to constantly play chicken chasing for most of a game. They want to show what they're capable off and Rafa is stifling that from just about all of them.

I don't see how fans can defend him on this. It's misery.
    I'm just moaning on and on, I know that but all I can see from this point on is more misery and then everything will turn nasty because of it and he will be hounded out or he'll walk out when he realises he's lost the fans and his squad.

Over the top?
    I hope I am, I really do, because I'd hate to say I told you so.
    I'd much prefer getting to the end of the season after doing much better and people telling me that I'm a pratt for being so doubtful and impatient.
    I just don't see it though.

Moan over.
    For what it's worth, I don't think you're moaning. You're presenting your views, some of which in my opinion are quite right and fair, and we're debating them. That's how it should be.

This whole 'he'll start losing games and the fans will turn on him' - isn't that what happens at every club once the manager starts losing games? And it's happening at a faster and faster pace in the Premier League. That's nothing special for Rafa (that's if he starts losing all the time, which I doubt will happen). The difference between Rafa and McClaren is that Rafa has not lost a lot of games in a row during his time here. Here's to hoping he won't in the future.

i think ghost is right we have players more than capable of playing entertaining footy and attacking

but under rafa slowly their attacking skills are being drawn back and they are being turned into drones intent on defending

i dont see why anyone would defend a manager who ever he is who is producing the footy we are currently

surely that is double standards when we have had goes at managers in the past for not entertaining us

im not having a go as we are loosing
    i have been having a go even when we are winning
    it is the style of which we win or loose

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think you're moaning. You're presenting your views, some of which in my opinion are quite right and fair, and we're debating them. That's how it should be.

This whole 'he'll start losing games and the fans will turn on him' - isn't that what happens at every club once the manager starts losing games? And it's happening at a faster and faster pace in the Premier League. That's nothing special for Rafa (that's if he starts losing all the time, which I doubt will happen). The difference between Rafa and McClaren is that Rafa has not lost a lot of games in a row during his time here. Here's to hoping he won't in the future.
    I absolutely agree.
    The game is definitely becoming more expectant and I'm not any different in thought as of late, whereas I would have been more than happy to endure it as it is and keep shouting " I trust in Rafa" but the thing is I get a horrible feeling about it all, seriously.

I think Tony Pulis brought it up about fans getting over expectant when things go well and he's correct in that sense but I'm not even asking for that, although I am maybe jumping the gun a little bit on Rafa's sacking. All I'm asking for is a team that gives us something positive to talk about after each match in terms of entertainment, without us having to scrape the barrel for positives.

I'd even be more than happy with a 17th finish and escaping relegation by a point if it meant looking at the season and thinking we tried with what we had in terms of trying to score goals as well as keep them out but gave a good proportion of entertainment in the process.

I'd be well devastated if we do likewise by playing the cack that's been served up for most of the season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)