+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCV and John Egan

CCV and John Egan

Reports from Nixon in the Sun that CW is pressing Spurs for a decision on CCV. CW is keen to keep him for the second half of the season but there are fears he could be recalled.

CW needs a quick answer and if he loses the 19 yr old, he has pencilled in a swoop for Brentford skipper John Egan

I heard David Pleat (who still works for Spurs) on the radio this morning praising the Spurs manager. One of the points he made was how careful Potto was in loaning out young players - and will only let them go to clubs where he knows they will get the right sort of coaching!

I take that as another piece of high praise indeed for CW and AK.

a little disturbing this rumour that there watching brooks pochettino might well use ccv as part of a deal to get him thought ccv was sloppy first half yesterday but excellent in second half just wonder if theres maybe another fringe player chris might be interested in any swop deal cant be harry kane he wouldnt get a look in with leon on fire lol

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    a little disturbing this rumour that there watching brooks pochettino might well use ccv as part of a deal to get him thought ccv was sloppy first half yesterday but excellent in second half just wonder if theres maybe another fringe player chris might be interested in any swop deal cant be harry kane he wouldnt get a look in with leon on fire lol
    TBH Brooks would be the perfect player for Spurs , Brooks playing with Kane would be awesome Kane would think all his birthdays would have come at once . obviously I want him to stop with us , but if he doesn't start games regularly , and if we don't go this season I fear he could be on his way after May , at least we will get a load of cash if he does go .

I’ve not heard anything that makes me think Spurs are going to call him back in January - unless they suddenly get a real injury crisis among their defenders, or he was not getting any games with us. I think this is just a “journalists” story to fill up a few column inches and get people talking. I’d be very surprised if they currently plan to call him back.

Of course, I have been wrong before (many times).

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I’ve not heard anything that makes me think Spurs are going to call him back in January - unless they suddenly get a real injury crisis among their defenders, or he was not getting any games with us. I think this is just a “journalists” story to fill up a few column inches and get people talking. I’d be very surprised if they currently plan to call him back.

Of course, I have been wrong before (many times).
    Nixon is well known for his 2+2=5 stories.

Reports Nixon in the sun ..... that was enough for me the day I worry about a story in the sun is the day you can certify me