+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 70th Bomber

Happy 70th Bomber

The great Sir Les Bradd is 70 today. Like others on here I saw many of his goals for our club, in my opinion his record will never to be surpassed. Have a good one Les.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The great Sir Les Bradd is 70 today. Like others on here I saw many of his goals for our club, in my opinion his record will never to be surpassed. Have a good one Les.
    Hell, I'm so old I saw him score for Rotherham against us. Yes, Happy Birthday Les.

Along with Don Masson my favourite Notts player , Happy Birthday Les.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Hell, I'm so old I saw him score for Rotherham against us. Yes, Happy Birthday Les.
    Indeed- me too! We signed him the following day from memory.

Absolute legend, top man & amongst the greatest ever to play for Notts. As a central striker, his goal scoring prowess was immense. We've had great forwards like Rideout & McCullogh, brilliant goal scorers like Lund and the best of all, Hughes, but Sir Les remains the greatest of all for me. Those 2 goals in the League Cup replay against Everton were worth an overnight trip from & back to Liverpool Univ, even tho' my car broke down en route and I had to hitch hike most of the way back!

Very happy birthday wishes to a genuinely nice bloke and true Club icon.

Problem is: they broke the mould!

Many happy returns to a proper top bloke and club legend!

My first night match was Notts 2 Everton 0 in the league cup 1975. 23000+ there, I was in the County Road side at the front, level with the 6 yard box and I can see his fantastic header (his second goal) to this day.

I'm too young to have seen the Les Bradd era (and I've only ever seen TV footage of Don Masson), but Les' goal record speaks for itself!

Listening to him on the radio the other week and he was asked about his Bomber nickname , said his grandkids hadn't quite mastered it and called him bummer , you cant say things like that these days Les

Happy Birthday Sir Les. thanks for all the goals down the years.I was lucky enough to see many of them, and also to see the Don play!.great times.Have a great day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast