+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Wright

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    Wright is a strange rumour, he's currently employed at a club in the SPL, we will be due compensation plus his salary expectations will be higher than a Hughes or McIntyre which i think ST will be looking at closely in fact i think it'll be top of his wish list.

Bottom line is the man making the decision knows the value of the club goes up if we are an SPL club and maybe its his last throw of the dice to get there in order to sell our Club

Giving my opinion of the above i wouldn't rule out Ellis
    There's also the rumours floating about of the US consortium putting pressure on him to get the correct appointment before they come on board at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    There's also the rumours floating about of the US consortium putting pressure on him to get the correct appointment before they come on board at the end of the season.
    Sitting in Cafe Nero looking for the right man, surely the situation we find ourself in, ST could at least show some sort of professionalism by sitting in private meeting rooms/offices while conducting the search

i'd run a mile if i had money to invest in United with that Board.

That St J forum was interesting - they are all very reasonable on there 😂 Much prefer it on here!

I think situation boils down to this -

As some are saying on that forum situation has gone stale for TW at St J. He has taken them as far as he (or likely anyone) can for club that size

TW wants away but his playing style and not being a very ‘glamorous’ manager means he is not getting any bigger jobs

TW therefore wants to be considered when the managerial merry go round is under way

He’d love rangers or Aberdeen but I’d think that unlikely. Rangers for McInnes and maybe Aberdeen will fancy Jack Ross - been while since they made an appointment so who knows what their thinking will be

Realistically while TW might want to ve talked about it seems madness to come and work with no money available and for ST in the league below.

Also Callum Davidson is well though of as are his backroom team so leaving them - to a place where we don’t want to spend money on employing them I presume - would be very odd

From our point of view he is a good manager and much better than the others being talked of - his style would be perfect for championship and establishing ourselves in Prem - but I can’t see it

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    That St J forum was interesting - they are all very reasonable on there 😂 Much prefer it on here!

As some are saying on that forum situation has gone stale for TW at St J. He has taken them as far as he (or likely anyone) can for club that size

TW wants away but his playing style and not being a very ‘glamorous’ manager means he is not getting any bigger jobs

TW therefore wants to be considered when the managerial merry go round is under way

He’d love rangers or Aberdeen but I’d think that unlikely. Rangers for McInnes and maybe Aberdeen will fancy Jack Ross - been while since they made an appointment so who knows what their thinking will be

Realistically while TW might want to ve talked about it seems madness to come and work with no money available and for ST in the league below.

Also Callum Davidson is well though of as are his backroom team so leaving them - to a place where we don’t want to spend money on employing them I presume - would be very odd

From our point of view he is a good manager and much better than the others being talked of - his style would be perfect for championship and establishing ourselves in Prem - but I can’t see it

Tommy wright best option by a mile, if it's possible lets make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    That St J forum was interesting - they are all very reasonable on there �� Much prefer it on here!

If it were to happen I would eat my hat.
    I'll post the event on here.

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    Sitting in Cafe Nero looking for the right man, surely the situation we find ourself in, ST could at least show some sort of professionalism by sitting in private meeting rooms/offices while conducting the search

i'd run a mile if i had money to invest in United with that Board.
    U seem to know a lot about Cafe Nero. Do u also work from there?

I really, really hope this doesn't happen. St Johnstone are absolute f ucking misery to watch and have been pretty much the entire time he's been there. What he did with them wouldn't work at Utd. We don't have the players for it; nor do I want us to. I don't want Utd to kick f uck out the opposition and live for set-pieces.

Clearly I don't want us to be as gash as we have been for the past few seasons but his turgid methods are not the way to fix that.

Weird how folk concentrate on the style of play and ignore his record.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    I really, really hope this doesn't happen. St Johnstone are absolute f ucking misery to watch and have been pretty much the entire time he's been there. What he did with them wouldn't work at Utd. We don't have the players for it; nor do I want us to. I don't want Utd to kick f uck out the opposition and live for set-pieces.

Clearly I don't want us to be as gash as we have been for the past few seasons but his turgid methods are not the way to fix that.
    Spot on BOB.

It's not going to happen anyway but no one in their right mind would prefer say Hughes to Wright

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)