+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC’s FA Cup Coverage

Why do we need No's at all, just pick the balls out like they used to, and it's more exciting not knowing who was who till they looked at the list.

I would to play the inbreds it's our time now

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Why do we need No's at all, just pick the balls out like they used to, and it's more exciting not knowing who was who till they looked at the list.
    Because putting team names on the balls themselves might prove somewhat difficult if they are to be visible on camera - FOREST GREEN ROVERS / NORTHAMPTON TOWN etc

I think he meant, the numbers and corresponding team being being listed on TV. I think?

It used to be, draw the ball No then a short pause before naming the corresponding team associated with drawn ball No. A lot more exciting waiting that short wait to see if it was your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Second round draw is live on BBC2 tomorrow night, Notts are ball 27:

1 STEVENAGE
    2 BRADFORD CITY
    3 PORT VALE
    4 NEWPORT COUNTY
    5 MORECAMBE
    6 YEOVIL TOWN
    7 PETERBOROUGH UNITED OR TRANMERE ROVERS
    8 CAMBRIDGE UNITED
    9 FOREST GREEN ROVERS
    10 AFC FYLDE
    11 LUTON TOWN
    12 SHREWSBURY TOWN
    13 HEREFORD
    14 GUISELEY OR ACCRINGTON STANLEY
    15 BLACKBURN ROVERS
    16 DONCASTER ROVERS
    17 LEATHERHEAD OR BILLERICAY TOWN
    18 BOREHAM WOOD
    19 MANSFIELD TOWN
    20 OXFORD CITY
    21 PLYMOUTH ARGYLE
    22 AFC WIMBLEDON
    23 ROCHDALE
    24 COVENTRY CITY
    25 CHORLEY OR FLEETWOOD TOWN
    26 CARLISLE UNITED
    27 NOTTS COUNTY
    28 SWINDON TOWN
    29 MAIDSTONE UNITED
    30 WOKING OR BURY
    31 CREWE ALEXANDRA
    32 GILLINGHAM
    33 MILTON KEYNES DONS
    34 SLOUGH TOWN
    35 WYCOMBE WANDERERS
    36 NORTHAMPTON TOWN OR SCUN THORPE UNITED
    37 CHARLTON ATHELTIC
    38 WIGAN ATHLETIC
    39 GATESHEAD
    40 EXETER CITY
    In the early rounds if we are away from home I like it when we get to go somewhere that we've not been before as in a non-league club as it's likely we may never play these teams again. Although we become the killed rather than the giant killers. Sutton United, Salford City, Southport spring to mind. Not forgetting Gateshead, Kettering, Boreham Wood and Havant and Waterlooville, Gravesend & Northfleet, Histon and Shilton are all teams we have played since the year 2000.

I think the most mundane cup draws are when you play teams in the same league.

Therefore despite our poor record against none league sides I'd like us to play either; AFC Flyde, Guiseley (if they get through), Leatherhead or Billericay Town, Oxford City, Chorley(if they get through) Maidstone United or Slough Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The numbers are based on the first round draw. Stevenage v Nantwich Town was the fist tie out of the bag, Bradford City v Chesterfield the second, Port Vale v Oxford United was third, so the winning teams become numbers 1, 2 & 3 etc for the second round.
    Crickey, I'm not sure if I am impressed or not .
    Last edited by navypie; 06-11-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    In the early rounds if we are away from home I like it when we get to go somewhere that we've not been before as in a non-league club as it's likely we may never play these teams again. Although we become the killed rather than the giant killers. Sutton United, Salford City, Southport spring to mind. Not forgetting Gateshead, Kettering, Boreham Wood and Havant and Waterlooville, Gravesend & Northfleet, Histon and Shilton are all teams we have played since the year 2000.

I think the most mundane cup draws are when you play teams in the same league.

Therefore despite our poor record against none league sides I'd like us to play either; AFC Flyde, Guiseley (if they get through), Leatherhead or Billericay Town, Oxford City, Chorley(if they get through) Maidstone United or Slough Town.
    Oxford City OK for you?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Oxford City OK for you?
    I’m happy with that. It’s a good draw, plus we are at home which is a bonus as when we have lost and been knocked out to non league clubs in the past it’s been away from home.

However as others have said on the other thread we have no right of entitlement to win this game. The Salford game should be a stark reminder of what can happen, although I’d like to think we are now in a better place as a club and will put in a professional solid performance and get the job done in true KN style.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m happy with that. It’s a good draw, plus we are at home which is a bonus as when we have lost and been knocked out to non league clubs in the past it’s been away from home.
    Either short memories or too young. York City, Yeovil, must be more, help me out here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast