+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    We seem to sign a hoor of a lot of unfit players - Stewart, Tansey, Arnason, May, Devlin...........

Makes Considine look less slow !

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    So, begs the question, why the fcuk did we sign him? McInnes scattergun approach?
    I assume McInnes like everyone else didnt expect McGinn to return.

Unless I am mistaken, isn't Stewart only on a season loan?

I actually think he's one most skilled Scottish players around. He could well turn out to be a very decent signing for someone.

Mystery surrounds whether he was injured or just dropped on sunday.

Either way, even when on the bench, he's nae getting game time, is he? I've never hidden the fact that I don't rate him, but, each to their own.......

Think its tatties for him here in the summer, can see him back at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Mystery surrounds whether he was injured or just dropped on sunday.

Either way, even when on the bench, he's nae getting game time, is he? I've never hidden the fact that I don't rate him, but, each to their own.......

Think its tatties for him here in the summer, can see him back at Dens.
    Stewart is a good player, but, just like Stevie May, he seems to operate better playing off a striker who can hold the ball up. We don't have one (unless that's what Cosgrove does, don't want to judge the guy on 8 minutes worth, but he didn't make a great impression even aside from the red.) As said already, McInnes just signed him because he was available, not because he fit our system. Which is patently ridiculous.

Definitely think people are being harsh on Nwakali though. He covered a lot of ground and won a fair few tackles on Sunday. Maybe he wasn't great tactically at times, but we don't know that that wasn't what he was asked to do by the manager. This being the same manager that seems to think long balls to Stevie May are a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Makes Considine look less slow !
    I wouldn’t go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He must be a better option to come off the bench than Nicky Maynard.
    Now that is a very valid and justifiable point rico.....
    Fk me even I'm a better option to have coming of the bench than Maynard and I'm the wrong side of 50 ffs

is pish

The end

I’m beginning to think it might be worth signing him in the summer permanently if it’s possible,he has started to look like the player he was at Dundee now he is a bit fitter.

Or a meringue?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m beginning to think it might be worth signing him in the summer permanently if it’s possible,he has started to look like the player he was at Dundee now he is a bit fitter.

Or a meringue?
    I agree.
    If he’s available at the right price a decent recruit

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree.
    If he’s available at the right price a decent recruit
    With McLean and Christie gone I reckon Stewart,GMS,McGinn,Wright and Ross would be decent options for the attacking positions.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast