+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    .... was the only player to scrape a pass-mark (5/10) on Saturday IMHO.
    I agree, he was the one at least trying to do something.
    I would be happy if we were able to secure and he got a full pre-season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree, he was the one at least trying to do something.
    I would be happy if we were able to secure and he got a full pre-season with us.
    Stewart was certainly trying harder than the rest. Wasn’t afraid to be on the ball and looked for it.
    I hope we can sign better though as he is only a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Stewart was certainly trying harder than the rest. Wasn’t afraid to be on the ball and looked for it.
    I hope we can sign better though as he is only a squad player.
    I think over the last few games Stewart has been really good ,deservedly getting MOTM. At Hampden he wasn't one to hide and that's the sort of attitude we need in our players. I would be delighted if he signs a permanent deal with us

I'm with Red John on this one. For sure he has looked better recently but not convinced his end product is good enough to merit a first team place. He still has a year of his contract with Birmingham to go, but if they let him go for free and he didn't use up a lot of the wages budget then I would be willing to take a chance but no more than a 2-year contract. He might work in the No 10 slot but doesn't have the pace to play wide nor the steel to play in a central midfield role

Get rid, he's hardly done anything this season.

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    I think over the last few games Stewart has been really good ,deservedly getting MOTM. At Hampden he wasn't one to hide and that's the sort of attitude we need in our players. I would be delighted if he signs a permanent deal with us
    He’s a very intelligent player, often picking up good spaces between the lines.
    If we manage to retain, we could see an even better Stewart next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Get rid, he's hardly done anything this season.
    and the reason for that would be down to the sheer "brilliance" once again of our manager, the times Greg has been called upon this season he has pretty much delivered and deserves a better chance than he has had from McInnes.
    SHould be getting rid of Mcinnes before getting rid of Greg Stewart......

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    and the reason for that would be down to the sheer "brilliance" once again of our manager, the times Greg has been called upon this season he has pretty much delivered and deserves a better chance than he has had from McInnes.
    SHould be getting rid of Mcinnes before getting rid of Greg Stewart......

SF
    I think he has been good at times, especially in the last month but if you take the whole season he honestly has been average at best, not helped of course by him being a stone overweight when he rolled up here. Now that may be because he hasn't been played in his best position as he simply doesn't have the pace to play as a winger, I suspect he would be most effective in the No 10 position but hasn't had a look in there due to Christie and McLean. Given Christie's current form I would be all for dropping him and giving Stewart a chance for the last few games to see if he is worth trying to get for next season (still has a year on his Birmingham contract to go).

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Certainly for me one of the most positive things to take from the last two games is the performance of Greg Stewart. There is most certainly a top class player in there and it is very pleasing indeed to see him get the game time he needs, and in turn put in the performance he has in the last two games, and that is just the start he is going to be a huge player for us this season.............

COYR
    Any truth in the rumour he is one of the people?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Any truth in the rumour he is one of the people?
    A soap dodging, bigoted piss soaked wife beater?

Nae sure min

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast