+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

Greg Stewart

Certainly for me one of the most positive things to take from the last two games is the performance of Greg Stewart. There is most certainly a top class player in there and it is very pleasing indeed to see him get the game time he needs, and in turn put in the performance he has in the last two games, and that is just the start he is going to be a huge player for us this season.............

COYR

Haven't seen any of yesterday yet but I think he's going to come good

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Certainly for me one of the most positive things to take from the last two games is the performance of Greg Stewart. There is most certainly a top class player in there and it is very pleasing indeed to see him get the game time he needs, and in turn put in the performance he has in the last two games, and that is just the start he is going to be a huge player for us this season.............

COYR
    DM described him as “terrific” yesterday.
    Aside from a well taken goal, i didn’t see much.

I’m yet to be convinced.

Maybe he needs a run of games, which he hasn’t had.

So far the only way in which he’s been “huge” is in filling the jersey.

Think we’ve been poor out wide in the main this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

So far the only way in which he’s been “huge” is in filling the jersey.
    yes he could be doing with dropping another couple of Kilo's (couldn't we all )
    But reading his interview on his summer antics (he enjoyed himself to the full) then i can understand where the extra kilo's he was carrying earlier on came from and why he was struggling a bit, he was a top class prospect when at Dundee, things just did not go well or work out for him down south (not the first time that has happened to a top quality and top prospect)
    Was honestly delighted when we signed him and now that we are starting to see glimmers of his quality he will be massive for us this season and not in only how he fills the jersey, .................................. watch this space

COYR

I thought his passing and linking with his others was useful yesterday. Hopefully will come good, but as pointed out by others he still appears a bit on the bulky side.

Thought he was brilliant in our Europa run. Definitely an intelligent player. We would have some team if himself and GMS find a run of form. With McGinn and particularly Hayes we had a degree of consistency, we knew what we were getting. The thing is we need that same consistency from our play makers now and Stewart and GMS aren't quite there yet.

Not sure where the signing of McGinn leaves Stewart. I've not been slow in stating that I don't rate him, whilst observing that the vast majority of Reds disagree.

Where I think the problems lie with Stewart is that he appears to me to be more like an old fashioned inside forward, or more comfortable wide in a 4-3-3. We don't do 4-3-3.

He doesn't have the pace to play wide in our 4-2-3-1. Far too often, when he gets on the ball, it's on the halfway line, where he'll never affect the game

For me, he has a helluva long way to cement a permanent deal. Heard talk of a swap with him and Mclean, with the latter heading to Brum.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Not sure where the signing of McGinn leaves Stewart. I've not been slow in stating that I don't rate him, whilst observing that the vast majority of Reds disagree.

Where I think the problems lie with Stewart is that he appears to me to be more like an old fashioned inside forward, or more comfortable wide in a 4-3-3. We don't do 4-3-3.

He doesn't have the pace to play wide in our 4-2-3-1. Far too often, when he gets on the ball, it's on the halfway line, where he'll never affect the game

For me, he has a helluva long way to cement a permanent deal. Heard talk of a swap with him and Mclean, with the latter heading to Brum.
    No way can I see McLean go to Birmingham when they’re in with a shout of being in League One next year

Stewart is a very intelligent player, often playing in the space between the lines.
    He’s very good with the ball and hardly gives it away.
    He certainly is a very good player for us and I certainly enjoy the anticipation when he gets on the ball.
    It may be a simple pass or he could jink inside.
    He definitely prefers his left foot, but I am seeing improvement each game and he deserved his MOTM last night.

I like Stewart and think he could grow into be a stalwart of the team. There is something of the Jim Bett about him. I am not sure why, perhaps it is his attitude to the game.

Even though not a natural position for him, I could see him playing in McLean's position. He would need to learn how to tackle but he would be a dynamo and attack minded. Probably crazy, but there is just something about him that I think would suit him in that role.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast