+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I like Stewart and think he could grow into be a stalwart of the team. There is something of the Jim Bett about him. I am not sure why, perhaps it is his attitude to the game.

Even though not a natural position for him, I could see him playing in McLean's position. He would need to learn how to tackle but he would be a dynamo and attack minded. Probably crazy, but there is just something about him that I think would suit him in that role.
    He’s not got the fitness to be a centre mid.
    And “Dynamo” is not a word I’d ever use to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    What's great about rst's depression?

He never has to make his bed, since he's always in it.

��

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    And saying that he is a bit like Jim Bett! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Was it ever established if he is injured or just dropped altogether on Sunday?

I know we re-signed McGinn but thought he was coming onto a game as his fitness improved.
    I don't think he's started a game this year or been involved at all the past 4?

Anyway, obvious he'll not be getting an offer to stay and I'm not sure if he has the mentality to be good enough for us but surely preferable to watching Ball/AOC/Chidi.

There's no place for him in the team really - we need wide players with pace who can get beyond a man and fire the ball into the box for Rooney. McGinn and GMS are far superior to Stewart in that respect. I do rate Stewart, he's got a great touch, control, balance etc, but I just don't see where he fits into this team - doesn't have the pace or fitness for me. I would actually have played him in the Ryan Christie position against Celtic and played McLean further back. I think Stewart would work better in the middle than out wide. He'll be away back south at the end of the season, hasn't done enough to get near the team never mind win a permanent deal. Wright is a better option out wide as he fits into the system better with his style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    There's no place for him in the team really - we need wide players with pace who can get beyond a man and fire the ball into the box for Rooney. McGinn and GMS are far superior to Stewart in that respect. I do rate Stewart, he's got a great touch, control, balance etc, but I just don't see where he fits into this team - doesn't have the pace or fitness for me. Wright is a better option out wide as he fits into the system better with his style of play.
    So, begs the question, why the fcuk did we sign him? McInnes scattergun approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    So, begs the question, why the fcuk did we sign him? McInnes scattergun approach?
    Well he’s a good player although he doesn’t fit into our system so I assume mcinnes just thought, “decent player available, might as well sign him as we’ve lost McGinn and Hayes” - if he had been fit from the start I think he would’ve played a bit more but would require a different approach - with mcginn back and GMS doing reasonably well I can’t see him featuring much now.

He must be a better option to come off the bench than Nicky Maynard.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This is an incredibly good point

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Probably a better left back than Considine too

We seem to sign a hoor of a lot of unfit players - Stewart, Tansey, Arnason, May, Devlin...........

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast