+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Hearts v Killie

Quote Originally Posted by Shed69 View Post
    Unfortunately there is still some that see it that way
    "Hello hello we are the Dundee boys,
    Hello hello you'll tell us by our noise,
    We're up to our knees in Arab blood,
    Surrender or you'll die,
    For we are the Dundee Derry boy's.

OTF though,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 22-11-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: getting my FACTS right

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    "Hello hello we are the Dundee boys,
    Hello hello you'll tell us by our noise,
    We're up to our knees in Arab blood,
    Surrender or you'll die,
    For we are the Dundee Derry boy's.

OTF though,FACT.
    Derry is a term used by catholics reffering to londonderry

and im sure the name derry derived from a nearby dairy

bottom line is neither club thankfully have that mentally and i dont see that changing

The difference between the two support's is massive,Arabs since the mid 70's have in the main laughed at the Dees and their bairns have been brought up to think of them as a bit of a joke club.The hatred spewed out across the divide is for real its not the friendly rivalry that D C Thomson portray.
    I remember reading a post from the son of a DFC legend ok it was mild but he was boasting to his fellow Dees that his 2 year old daughter was pointing at Tannadice saying,"Daddy daddy its the BOO team."

Its the BOO team mate because you have taught a 2 year old to say BOO every time you pass Tannadice,anyway like i said that's only a mild example from a fairly well to do supporter.The Dees are a very negative support they glory in players like Albert Kidd who stopped Hearts winning the league and Claude Whittington scoring a goal that relegated their hated neighbours,they dinnie sing anything positive because most of them have never witnessed anything worth singing about.
    Their Hello hello and No one likes us we don't care songs copied fae their big cousin's and Millwall are a testament to their god given right to attend Dens Park and sit in the Derry and BOO like phuck for 90 minutes plus stoppage time at their own team,the opposition and the official's,that's what they do,that's what they have done decade after decade since the mid 70s,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post

bottom line is neither club thankfully have that mentally and i dont see that changing
    I know a fair bit about Ireland and served in West Belfast in 1983,have you never heard these lyrics sung by the Huns before?.

We'll fight and don't surrender,
    But come when duty call's.
    With heart and hand and sword and shield,
    We''ll guard old Derry's walls.

FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The difference between the two support's is massive,Arabs since the mid 70's have in the main laughed at the Dees and their bairns have been brought up to think of them as a bit of a joke club.The hatred spewed out across the divide is for real its not the friendly rivalry that D C Thomson portray.
    I remember reading a post from the son of a DFC legend ok it was mild but he was boasting to his fellow Dees that his 2 year old daughter was pointing at Tannadice saying,"Daddy daddy its the BOO team."

Its the BOO team mate because you have taught a 2 year old to say BOO every time you pass Tannadice,anyway like i said that's only a mild example from a fairly well to do supporter.The Dees are a very negative support they glory in players like Albert Kidd who stopped Hearts winning the league and Claude Whittington scoring a goal that relegated their hated neighbours,they dinnie sing anything positive because most of them have never witnessed anything worth singing about.
    Their Hello hello and No one likes us we don't care songs copied fae their big cousin's and Millwall are a testament to their god given right to attend Dens Park and sit in the Derry and BOO like phuck for 90 minutes plus stoppage time at their own team,the opposition and the official's,that's what they do,that's what they have done decade after decade since the mid 70s,FACT.
    That is culture. Or lack of it. I like my memories of winning cups and european adventures. The dees have tattoos of the doon derby. Quality!??? no its not. They score against us its a tardelli goal celebration every time. The Albert kidd part is their culture. Cannae win so lets celebrate stopping others. Wee team. Inferioritycomplex.com

Hiya we know your looking

Friday night is a bit of a tricky one. Obviously it's kind of expected that the New Big Cousin's will win but we want it to be kinda close so as to allow the Pundit to come out looking all respectable and most importantly, in a job. So I'm going for a nice easy on the eye 2-1 to Sevco so that the Funsters can continue to stick their fingers in their ears and shout 'La La La La I can't hear you' at any chat about relegation.

Unfortunately, (as I think we want him to stay as long as poss - preferably for a large chunk of the January transfer window) I suspect the inevitable defeat the following week at Ross County will bring the Pundit's stellar managerial career to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Friday night is a bit of a tricky one. Obviously it's kind of expected that the New Big Cousin's will win but we want it to be kinda close so as to allow the Pundit to come out looking all respectable and most importantly, in a job. So I'm going for a nice easy on the eye 2-1 to Sevco so that the Funsters can continue to stick their fingers in their ears and shout 'La La La La I can't hear you' at any chat about relegation.

Unfortunately, (as I think we want him to stay as long as poss - preferably for a large chunk of the January transfer window) I suspect the inevitable defeat the following week at Ross County will bring the Pundit's stellar managerial career to an end.
    yes - pretty football unlucky 2-1 defeat - go on pundit to next game. Sprinkle the odd sensational derry rhumba win and draw that saves him his job and keep hope eternal then before they know it they are phucked.

I like it James

Dundee supporters have been crucified by their own support for asking fellow supporters not to sing the Derry Boys,the Dairy nonsense is a figment of Shaded's imagination he posted that shyte years ago.Mind you i still pay homage to Shaded and always refer to the asbestos roof stand as the Dairy.

I hope that's the case Smirky, and it would be a shame if this excellent thread got pushed in the wrong direction.
    However.......there was a strong affinity between DFC and the now deefunct Rangers in the 50's and 60's and I don't believe the line about the Union flag being adopted by them simply because of the colours. It was more than that.

But, hopefully all history, and times have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    yes - pretty football unlucky 2-1 defeat - go on pundit to next game. Sprinkle the odd sensational derry rhumba win and draw that saves him his job and keep hope eternal then before they know it they are phucked.

I like it James
    James has a cunning plan right enough. I believe the Texans are on record as saying they're not bothered which division they play in, it looks like McCann isn't bothered either.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)