+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who else thought? Why are we signing Leon.....hes a donkey.

Who else thought? Why are we signing Leon.....hes a donkey.

So, so happy to be proven wrong. Thanks Chris, will never doubt any of your signings again 😁

Quote Originally Posted by s35nuttyblade View Post
    So, so happy to be proven wrong. Thanks Chris, will never doubt any of your signings again ��
    Not me , but I did doubt signing Billy again , god I am a f00king idiot

was happy to sign him in league 1. then thought he'd be a massive weak link in championship

very very wrong

Did you by chance think couttts was a donkey a couple of years since too wavy !

Leon's always scored goals at league one level,so no i dint think we were signin a donkey,what i did think was he's had a lot of clubs is he a trouble maker.When we got promoted i thought whatever the MESSIAH does is ok by me and has wi the rest of the squad i didn't think we'd struggle but i didn't think we'd do this well but i did say owts possible wi the MESSIAH in charge.My word it's wonderful goin to BDBL.Lazy re;COUTTSY i thought there was a player in him cos i'd seen him before his injury but he looked abart as mobile as me but since he came on at H/T against Sarfend last season he's been nowt short of sensational. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 06-11-2017 at 07:22 AM.

When we bought him it was to provide some extra firepower in League One.

He'd just scored 29 goals at Bury in League One so there seemed no reason why he shouldn't continue

His form in this division has been devastating and not just the goals, his workrate, strength, speed of thought and even pace has improved no end

It's amazing that despite all this additional urgency in his game he still looks cool, languid, unaffected and totally laid back

I've had a pig mate on the phone today slagging him off and saying he's crap. His form will drop, then he'll be getting booed every week.

I just wound him up by saying he's finally found a club that he wants to be at and wants to play for.

And he won't be getting booed every week because if he has two bad games Wilder will rest him

I've had a pig mate on the phone today, he said Leon Clarke is a donkey who's just getting lucky at the moment.

I told him to use his obvious superior football knowledge to study Leons first goal against Hull and then try to comprehend the amount of natural ability that took

I then told him to have a look at his second goal and see if he can find another that he scored not long ago that was identical to it.

He genuinely didn't know what I was talking about.
    Deluded beyond belief.
    Anything that happens that doesn't conform to their way of thinking didn't actually happen

What impressed me about Leon on Sat was the different types of goals he scored. First he achieved the 'Perfect Hat-trick', glancing (genius) finish at the far post, a beautiful dink with his right and a stooping header. He also threw in another with his left for good measure.

Have to admit, I did have my doubts when we signed him (probably more than just doubts) and even when he started getting a game towards the end of last season I wasn't too impressed, but he completely changed my mind at home v Chezzy. He was awesome.

I said it last week, he's becoming one of my favourite players ... and fast!