+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Who's been taken for pillocks

O/T Who's been taken for pillocks

One for SB & Ponte

The greed goes on

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers

It don't suprise me the establishment is rotten to the core from top to bottom

Can anyone explain to me why in this day and age we have a Royal Family ?

What do they do that is so bloody marvelous and benefits the country ?

Thanks .

It's not for peasants like us to be answering questions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    One for SB & Ponte

The greed goes on

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers
    Can you expand your analysis a bit? What are you saying is improper about the investments described in the article? What's your estimate of the tax saving achieved through investing in the manner described? In what way are you saying that someone has been taken for a pillock?

Have you just seen the word 'offshore' and assumed that something a bit naughty is going on?

If you are a member of a pension fund and rooted around in the manner in which your funds are invested, I have little doubt that you would find some holdings in offshore funds.

No
    but when I see the word Kerr I think if it looks like sh!t & smells like sh1t .....It's sh!t
    Brighthouse what a fine upstanding & ethical company for the monarchy to be associated with but....what am I saying
    But I will tell you this I have broken with my pledge on this occasion but understand this psycho I will not respond again
    Take your debate up with our very own Grimaldi who as you know is glad to see you & is someone with whom you will be able to debate to your heart's content

So the bottom line is that you haven't got even the vaguest understanding of what it is that you are criticising, but it seemed like a good idea because an article in The Guardian included the word offshore...

With that being the case, I don't know who is being taken for pillocks, but it's not hard to spot one.

The money was invested via an investment fund that, in turn may well have invested in hundreds of companies. That’s just like the pension funds of most people on here. Vey few investors look beyond the overall performance of a fund (many pension fund holders don’t even bother to do that), let alone look into the affairs of companies in which the fund invests. Even if they did, how many people can say that they knew that Brighthouse was engaging in sharp practices until recently? I certainly didn’t.

Reading between the lines. The duchy was set up to help out fledgling businesses and the less fortunate. It's invested off shore and somewhat lost sight of what it was meant to do in the first place. The royal family leave all this stuff to financial advisors and weren't party to any possible wrong doing

If you cant beat em' join em'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Reading between the lines. The duchy was set up to help out fledgling businesses and the less fortunate. It's invested off shore and somewhat lost sight of what it was meant to do in the first place. The royal family leave all this stuff to financial advisors and weren't party to any possible wrong doing

Aye Steve set up in 1399 apparently so there's some indication of how long we've been shafted
    Anybody that has walked past a Brighthouse store & not noticed the obscene interest rates on the most basic of products is either blind or lying & I know which one I believe

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast