+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Who's been taken for pillocks

The really interesting thing about all this tax avoidance is that it's actually killing the ideology the wealthy stand by , unregulated capitalism .

Without wanting to tell people how to suck eggs the wealth that is created is actually meant to trickle down to the rest of us and benefit us all , that's how it's supposed to work anyway .

So of course whilst all this capital is shifted out of the country in to tax avoidance schemes , land hoarding etc etc then it's removed from the economy .

This still leaves governments with services to run , so the tories instead of going after the wealthy tax avoiders cut the services instead , people can't get proper pay rises , wages stagnate and they end up struggling and possibly having to rely on foodbanks .

People get angry , frustrated and look for change , when someone comes along and speaks for the austerity tired electorate such as Jeremy Corbyn he becomes popular and electable .

If the trickle down capitalist system actually worked , Mr Corbyn wouldn't get anywhere near Downing Street , it would be between a Tory and a Blair type politician .

So anyone who has the means to these tax avoidance schemes and uses them are only actually in the long term killing the ideology they stand by .

Irony indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Maybe in 2022, but who knows? The Great Leader will be getting on a bit by then and the question of the succession will inevitably feature in the election. Not many people will fancy the thought of Chairperson Abbott taking over. That's the problem with personality cults. Ask post Farage UKIP if you don't want to believe me.

But what will Labour do? At the minute they are just like the Tories in mouthing platitudes about this issue, but haven’t explained what they think they could or will do about it. In what way are they going to 'get you'? Please expand upon your analysis.
    When you tell me if you invest in tax avoidance schemes or not then I'll respond .

Deal .

i do its called an ISA

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    i do its called an ISA
    I think we'll let you off with that yorkshire seen as it's a government backed enterprise .

I don't believe the panorama team will have you on their hit list , sorry about that .

:-)

You see what a great and outstanding PM Dave was , the classic tory .

Whilst he was taking food out of the mouths of the disabled and long term sick he was making sure it was business as usual for the only people his kind really care about .

Still the chickens are coming home to roost now , whilst he was looking down his nose at Jeremy Corbyn with that sneering toff attitude of his he was actually sowing the seeds of Mr Corbyn's upturn in popularity and electability .

Wasn't too smart wasn't Dave .

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...aradise-papers

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    i do its called an ISA

I'll bet you feel a whole lot better now you've shared that with us but I further bet it's not stashed away on some tax haven island ...............but what am I saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I'll bet you feel a whole lot better now you've shared that with us but I further bet it's not stashed away on some tax haven island ...............but what am I saying!
    like queenie i haven't got a clue where its being invested.

but if i was filthy stinking rich i too would prob try and get MY money away from the slimy tax man. if my money is earning an income in another country why should i pay extra tax in this country.

And that sums up much better than I could why this Country is fecked It's the sort of thing Loadsamoney would have said
    The answer is very simple
    Tax should be paid where income is derived

It shouldn't be left down to the morals of the individual. I agree Exile. I'd go a step further those who don't want to pay tax should hand back their U.K citizenship.

It's why Ponte this country attracts & gives succour to the greediest most selfish people imanigeable
    Flies around sh!t springs to mind
    But don't judge them for they pay the bulk of our tax revenue therefore we have to allow them to continue to have their hand in the till after all it's only fair

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast