+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New United Blog

New United Blog

Hi lads.

Brand new United blog site now live.

First post is up and gives an assessment of the financial management of the club in the Thompson era.

https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/748...sts/1653574917

Have a read and feel free to give any feedback!

Cheers.

Apologies, that was a dud link!

This should work now hopefully...

https://tannadicestreetblog.wordpres...dundee-united/

Interesting blog. I’d like to know what the total is for the transfer income received under ST

Somewhere in the region of £6-7m

Plenty of add ons not realised etc. Some still could be. Eg Armstrong, Gauld, Souttar(s), Russell etc.

The trust released that info before through a members update under previous chair.

Actually seems low compared to the talent that has gone. I would have thought Andy R, Gauld, Jonny Russell, Armstrong and Cifti would get close to that alone with what they were worth.

Sometimes though I guess reported fees are not actually accurate, adds on etc

A headline number gets leaked because £2.8m sounds ***ier than just saying we got £1.4m up front with further add ons that may or may not be realised.

The money, whilst nowhere near the £10m plus you often hear bandied about, has been squandered.

At the very least we should have a small manageable debt and an academy that has been invested in to take it to the next level.

I’d actually be happy with a little reinvestment of transfer income in the first team with a lot of it investing in improving the academy.

That’s where the next £1m player is going to come from.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)