+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lest We Forget

Lest We Forget

Forever & ever amen . . .

Name:  .......poppy.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  60.7 KB

R.I.P. good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Forever & ever amen . . .

Name:  .......poppy.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  60.7 KB

Thanks Gaz for putting up this thread, I remember my pals who did not return from the Far East, so if ever I pay a visit I will always try to go to a special place in the bustling city of Singapore. It is a place of calm amid the crowded island. the war cemetary at Kranji
    where thousands of British and Commonwealth soldiers have their final resting place. When you look around you suddenly realise a difference, all the graves are covered in a beautiful green turf whereas the surrounding grass is coarse and wiry, typical of the area. Because that carpet of turf the soldiers lie under has been shipped all the way out from England. We do not forget them and we never will.
    Last edited by claw84; 10-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.

I will never forget my Grandad who was killed in the Great War in 1917.. Never seen but never forgotten...

I think you and Alfs granddad deserve the respect you earnt claw. A lot of us have lost someone in a god forsaken war somewhere or other and I think everyday we should spare a thought for them and you and your like.

I was asked once when I was young if I really would go and fight the Argies. I thought for a little while and said with out a doubt YES. The guy was an elderly veteran.

I think the same now.

My good friend Vince Philips had his name dragged through the mud by **** holes such as Andy McNab.

I had an email from Andy McNab recently because I join campaigns to help people and he wrote to me thanking me for my support signing a petition to free the soldiers held in captive in India.

I wrote back sorry I am not an Andy McNab fan ( McNab is not his real name) I AM A VINCE PHILIPS FAN. If ever I meet McNab and the opportunity came my way I would stick one on him. Please don't ask for an explanation as I won't give one> Peace to you brothers as we are all brothers in this

Yep,I can see where you are coming from Gaz,lay the blame at the dead who can't answer back..

I doff my cap to all of those who lost their lives fighting for what they believed in or just because their country sent them to fight,those guys who fought in the big wars we will never see the like of again

Chalky salutes you all