+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael o地eil

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Not sure how you can call him an idiot he is clearly a good manager as he identified how to get results against teams that were ranked much higher than Northern Ireland. To many of our fans think we should be we should be playing champagne football and be in the top 10, they need to get a reality check in our current position winning games is all that counts from now until the end of the season.
    That's the kind of thinking that kept Pulis here for a year too long. Long live football - not that sh*te we've had to endure that's turned fanatical fans into Saturday afternoon shoppers!

I think the board want a manager with premier experience a Big Sam . Pardew . ect ect ? I as a fan i wouldn't mind someone like that on a short term contract only , they seam to do ok then fall away then get the boot them self's , as I see it we don't need stability , we need some explosive performances from the word go get pts in the bag then everything else will fall in to place ,

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    That's the kind of thinking that kept Pulis here for a year too long. Long live football - not that sh*te we've had to endure that's turned fanatical fans into Saturday afternoon shoppers!
    Sorry of course you are right, i wonder what Ardiles, Mowbray, Pepe Mel and Di Matteo are doing now after all they played great football and went on to be top managers with big clubs after they left us.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Not sure how you can call him an idiot he is clearly a good manager as he identified how to get results against teams that were ranked much higher than Northern Ireland. To many of our fans think we should be we should be playing champagne football and be in the top 10, they need to get a reality check in our current position winning games is all that counts from now until the end of the season.

No thanks as N Ireland are the equivalent to an average championship side at best. Coleman did a great job for Wales but achieved nothing managing club sides. Southgate did not a lot managing club sides and he thinks Jake Livermore is fantastic - there you go!

Whilst Pulis had to go in the end - I still say - be careful what you wish for!!!!! Not even Pepe could turn Rondon into a goal scoring sensation or add creativity or pace which is still lacking.

Can I start the thread for all our fickle supporters - Sack the Next Manager!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No thanks as N Ireland are the equivalent to an average championship side at best. Coleman did a great job for Wales but achieved nothing managing club sides. Southgate did not a lot managing club sides and he thinks Jake Livermore is fantastic - there you go!

Whilst Pulis had to go in the end - I still say - be careful what you wish for!!!!! Not even Pepe could turn Rondon into a goal scoring sensation or add creativity or pace which is still lacking.

Hi Al
    I think we are in deep dodo mate ok pulis had to go & he's gone so all good on that front
    hopefully his horrible football has gone for ever 👏 it's the players we still have I think half
    are no good I really do & we can't do nothing with them till January IF we do anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Hi Al
    I think we are in deep dodo mate ok pulis had to go & he's gone so all good on that front
    hopefully his horrible football has gone for ever 👏 it's the players we still have I think half
    are no good I really do & we can't do nothing with them till January IF we do anything at all

You are right. Many of my posts did say with the squad we had, then even Pepe, Jose etc would do no better. I agree that Pulis had to go in the end, but really do some honestly think we will play silky free flowing football from now on? We will see....

Best form of defense some will say is attack - we still need pace and someone who puts the ball in the net. Rondon and Robson Kanu are championship players! I would bring Yacob back for one, and drop that useless C unt Livermore as can't see what he brings.

In terms of a new manager - need to go with someone who is proven and can kick the feck out of tossers who can't run up hills or tossers on 60K a week who suffer from exhaustion!

Sorry mate I fail to see what either Southgate or Coleman have got to do with Michael Oneill. You say Coleman did nothing but Fulham finished nineth one year which is more than Pulis has ever done.

As far as fickle supporters go. It is YOU that have changed your tune not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sorry mate I fail to see what either Southgate or Coleman have got to do with Michael Oneill. You say Coleman did nothing but Fulham finished nineth one year which is more than Pulis has ever done.

As far as fickle supporters go. It is YOU that have changed your tune not me.

What's Michael O'Neil done apart from doing well with a tin pot international team? Think Coleman did better but he did not set the world alight at club level.

The difference is - my tune changed against Huddersfield when he had to go. As Williams said - the business is results orientated and you could not argue with a top 10 finish last year and to give any manager a decent run this year before the chop! Be careful what you wish for though as my posts have still contained questions - would any other manager to any better with our players! Perhaps they might and goals from Rondon might start raining in.............. You never know!

Lets just hope the new manager gets a chance before the first thread is posted calling for his head! Just saying...........

You are right. Many of my posts did say with the squad we had, then even Pepe, Jose etc would do no better. I agree that Pulis had to go in the end, but really do some honestly think we will play silky free flowing football from now on? We will see....

Best form of defense some will say is attack - we still need pace and someone who puts the ball in the net. Rondon and Robson Kanu are championship players! I would bring Yacob back for one, and drop that useless C unt Livermore as can't see what he brings.

In terms of a new manager - need to go with someone who is proven and can kick the feck out of tossers who can't run up hills or tossers on 60K a week who suffer from exhaustion!
    Sounds like a good reason to go for Nigel Pearson Al...do you remember the game against Leeds when we had a man sent off hmself persisting with two up front and made the midfielder's work their socks off...we won that game.

Loads of us don't like him but he sure can manage a football team and that's what it's all about isn't it?...especially when you weigh up our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Sounds like a good reason to go for Nigel Pearson Al...do you remember the game against Leeds when we had a man sent off hmself persisting with two up front and made the midfielder's work their socks off...we won that game.

Loads of us don't like him but he sure can manage a football team and that's what it's all about isn't it?...especially when you weigh up our situation.

He's got passion and does not take crap! Pearson did a lot of the foundations for Leicester winning the league. Would rather have him than Shakespearce, Derek M, or Megson!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)