+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Oh no, not politics again (PLEASE DON'T LOOK IF EASILY OFFENDED)

OT: Oh no, not politics again (PLEASE DON'T LOOK IF EASILY OFFENDED)

Theresa May has refused to commit to a public register of the ownership of offshore companies and trusts in the wake of the Paradise Papers revelations but said new measures were already creating more transparency.

Leaked papers revealed that millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate have been invested in a Cayman Islands fund as well as showing that the Conservative donor Lord Ashcroft used an offshore trust to shelter wealth.

After the revelations, the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, appeared to suggest the Queen should apologise, saying anyone who put money into a haven to avoid paying tax should apologise and should recognise the damaging effect of avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Theresa May has refused to commit to a public register of the ownership of offshore companies and trusts in the wake of the Paradise Papers revelations but said new measures were already creating more transparency.

Leaked papers revealed that millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate have been invested in a Cayman Islands fund as well as showing that the Conservative donor Lord Ashcroft used an offshore trust to shelter wealth.

After the revelations, the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, appeared to suggest the Queen should apologise, saying anyone who put money into a haven to avoid paying tax should apologise and should recognise the damaging effect of avoidance.

I expected this from you earlier....anyway, please explain to me what laws have been broken.

I don't believe the queen has broken any laws. I'm not really sure that is the point though is it. If lawmakers in this county are quite happy to hold assets in dodgy tax-havens then why should members of the public pay their 'fair share'?

If HMRC could seriously go after companies and individuals that use tax-havens (with the help of the government of the day) then the UK public finances would be in much better shape. Sadly there is no political will, why would the Tories want to annoy it's best-paying donors and friends in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I don't believe the queen has broken any laws. I'm not really sure that is the point though is it. If lawmakers in this county are quite happy to hold assets in dodgy tax-havens then why should members of the public pay their 'fair share'?

If HMRC could seriously go after companies and individuals that use tax-havens (with the help of the government of the day) then the UK public finances would be in much better shape. Sadly there is no political will, why would the Tories want to annoy it's best-paying donors and friends in the media.

No laws broken here, move along, nothing to see.

The Queen's 10 million stashed in the Cayman Islands was blown away by Hurricane Irma, I hear she's been over there trying to scoop it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I expected this from you earlier....anyway, please explain to me what laws have been broken.
    The laws which now exist were created by the rich for the benefit of the rich.This state of affairs will soon be remedied.

The defence minister never broke any law either but his behaviour cost him his job. The Queen has my money and I want her to use it morally and correctly by paying her share of taxes for the schools and hospitals I and my family attend.

Perhaps you'd care to give us full details of how these offshore companies and trusts have been set up in order than we can judge ? But you can't can you as they are hidden.
    Anyway to get you started let's try some Controlled Foreign Corporation legislation or Controlled Foreign Companies as it's known in UK. That says corporate income should be taxed where the management and control lie. Most of these offshore tax haven companies use nominee directors to pretend they are controlled from say Panama. But in reality they are controlled by the true owners who may reside in UK but declare their profits only in Panama. So they are breaking the law.
    But HMRC do not have the balls or resources to go after them so most of them get away with it.
    That good enough ?

Here here - lets deal with the real problems in the world

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Perhaps you'd care to give us full details of how these offshore companies and trusts have been set up in order than we can judge ? But you can't can you as they are hidden.
    Anyway to get you started let's try some Controlled Foreign Corporation legislation or Controlled Foreign Companies as it's known in UK. That says corporate income should be taxed where the management and control lie. Most of these offshore tax haven companies use nominee directors to pretend they are controlled from say Panama. But in reality they are controlled by the true owners who may reside in UK but declare their profits only in Panama. So they are breaking the law.
    But HMRC do not have the balls or resources to go after them so most of them get away with it.
    That good enough ?
    Question for you. - Do you have a tax free ISA? - if so, are you breaking the law or did it seem the best deal for you to maximise your cash?

"look out for the taxman- he may be after you for tax avoidance

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast