+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bench saturday

bench saturday

have to say what a fantastic subs bench we had on saturday cant remember in recent years when weve had such a strong squad most would get in to championship teams congrats sir chrissy wilder utb ftp

Its one thing having a strong bench but even more importantly its having a strong bench and shadow squad that are pulling and pushing in the same direction as the lads that are playing regularly.

It has to be that the squad players cant just make the numbers up as suspensions can take hold as well as injuries and dare I say it ... A loss of form,?.

Its a massive credit to CW and his staff that they are keeping everybody happy and this includes the Tea Lady so to speak as I am sure that she feels as much part of the club as Leon and co at present.

think this has something to do with tuftys policy of not having any overpaid prima donnas at the club we are however getting closer and closer to his next major decision the nearer we get to premier league does he splash out on a bit more quality which will undoubtably mean paying higher salaries or does he keep the present mentality for team spirit january should give us an indication which way chris is going to take us

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    think this has something to do with tuftys policy of not having any overpaid prima donnas at the club we are however getting closer and closer to his next major decision the nearer we get to premier league does he splash out on a bit more quality which will undoubtably mean paying higher salaries or does he keep the present mentality for team spirit january should give us an indication which way chris is going to take us
    Potentially, underline that, potentially the most important January TW this Club has had in years.....think the process has begun mind you with the re-signed contracts for our playing assets, as well as the Management team.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    I’m quite happy with what we have. Don’t want any Billy big balls. We have what money can’t buy. Fantastic team spirit!!

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    I’m quite happy with what we have. Don’t want any Billy big balls. We have what money can’t buy. Fantastic team spirit!!
    We were talking about this Saturday, when all fit and available there was only one and at a push 2 positions where we nearly agreed that an upgrade was a good idea. I dare not tell you which players.

Going slightly off on a tangent here but I was just watching an interview with Carra, G. Neville & Souness after the Chelsea v Man U game yesterday and they were talking about player power at Chelsea and how Conte could be ousted by the players there if he's not careful (after leaving Luiz out).

Souness stated that he believes managers have to be pacifists these days and must cope with big egos etc.

I truly believe Wilder wouldn't stand for this but makes me wonder what would happen if we got to the Prem again. Honest, hard-working, Premier League standard players (with little/no ego) are hard to come by.

Would be interesting to see how he would go about putting a Wilder-style hardworking team together.

yeah good post jostein its certainly gonna be interesting personally i expect another 2 good quality signings in january but no more than that think it might be 1 signing and 1 loan player in

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Going slightly off on a tangent here but I was just watching an interview with Carra, G. Neville & Souness after the Chelsea v Man U game yesterday and they were talking about player power at Chelsea and how Conte could be ousted by the players there if he's not careful (after leaving Luiz out).

Souness stated that he believes managers have to be pacifists these days and must cope with big egos etc.

I truly believe Wilder wouldn't stand for this but makes me wonder what would happen if we got to the Prem again. Honest, hard-working, Premier League standard players (with little/no ego) are hard to come by.

Would be interesting to see how he would go about putting a Wilder-style hardworking team together.
    I think there is a difference though at that level.

Most of those players do not owe their reputation and status in the game to their present manager and have made their name elsewhere and would be in demand across the world so have these overblown egos and ideas of their own self worth and the power they have ( BTW I do not agree with them being like that)

With players at our level, and particularly at SUFC under CW, they have become good, better, improved players due to the manager's influence, methods and man management.

In a nutshell managers ave to put up with prima donnas at PL level.

Players have to put up with managers at our level unless they are superstars- in which case they wouldn't be at our level.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I think there is a difference though at that level.

Most of those players do not owe their reputation and status in the game to their present manager and have made their name elsewhere and would be in demand across the world so have these overblown egos and ideas of their own self worth and the power they have ( BTW I do not agree with them being like that)

With players at our level, and particularly at SUFC under CW, they have become good, better, improved players due to the manager's influence, methods and man management.

In a nutshell managers ave to put up with prima donnas at PL level.

Players have to put up with managers at our level unless they are superstars- in which case they wouldn't be at our level.
    It’s definitely a completely different proposition at that level, which is why I think English managers can struggle, but then the likes of Dyche and Howe seem to do OK. Those two in particular seem similar in their approach to Wilder, in terms of picking up Championship and young (mostly British) Prem players to build a team. That would be the way I see Wilder doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast