+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Caution and opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    The important thing is not to go over board after a good performance , which some did after Falkirk , for as poor as the second half was yesterday we are still well in the hunt , hopefully get a couple o bodies in the door and out in January , quietly confident Csaba will improve the team as the season goes on
    Best comments of weekend Ian. Dont get too high or low. We need a striker and our defence at their goal
    Was shocking.

massive reality check yesterday Husky, maybe we needed that...

The OP proved correct with a number of post's for pointing out that Falkirk were dreadful v us because they suffered another hiding at home to Morton who in turn looked rank rotten at Tannadice.In my honest opinion we can win this league but only if we do some business in January.Anyone remember what Hibs did last season in that window?,they shat it when we went top and used the emergency loan rule big time to make sure they went up.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The OP proved correct with a number of post's for pointing out that Falkirk were dreadful v us because they suffered another hiding at home to Morton who in turn looked rank rotten at Tannadice.In my honest opinion we can win this league but only if we do some business in January.Anyone remember what Hibs did last season in that window?,they shat it when we went top and used the emergency loan rule big time to make sure they went up.
    an EL maybe what we need. The moose?????

Couldn’t get to the game but from what I’ve heard and read a disappointing performance.

That said it’s still not a defeat (we’ve had some shockers away from home in the past 18 months) and Shabba is likely to learn more about the team from Saturday than a routine win would have done.

It should lead to a tough week in training and no hint of cockiness before a big game at the weekend. I’ll be expecting a reaction from the players.

Squad wise I think we are only really short up front - one proper target man would provide a massive boost come January.

Of course we could always improve elsewhere but I assume we have next to no money available.

think your right, squad isn't too bad with one glaring omission, wedefinitely need a target man, if you dont have the capability to put it into the box and mix it up when your A plan isn't working then the opposition knows exactly how you are going to play. If nothing else a target man can make it stick up top, and basically, if you carry minimum threat from crosses you are seriously reducing your capacity to score.

Having suffered the same problem at the start of last season until McKinnon brought in Mickelson, seems crazy in this league he did it again, though presumably Nkoyi was meant to provide some sort of alternative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)