+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn Rovers

What a **** draw! ....... unless we can prise Colin Cramb and JK out of retirement to re-create perhaps one of the most astonishing games in our history!!

Not holding out too much hope for this one!

Ironic that I asked for Vale or Yeovil - and they draw each other!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    What a **** draw! ....... unless we can prise Colin Cramb and JK out of retirement to re-create perhaps one of the most astonishing games in our history!!

Not holding out too much hope for this one!

Ironic that I asked for Vale or Yeovil - and they draw each other!
    I was worried about this happening. One team I did not want to be drawn alongside. We need John Manning back. Rovers 0, Crewe 1 (Manning). FA Cup. Dec 1972. Yes, I recall that great FA Cup shock. Lucky Vale.

Didn’t think after 45 minutes on Saturday we would be even in the draw for the 2nd round so hey ho it’s the cup we’re due a run ?

Have faith, Rotherham are one place below Blackburn and we got the result in the end, they average around 10,000 for league games but for cup games the crowd is under 3,000 so if we take a good following we could be that extra man to get the result and then be in with a chance of getting one of the big teams. Man City for me . Let the dream start

I’m looking on the up side - best cup run for 5 years!!!!

....... unless we can prise Colin Cramb and JK out of retirement to re-create perhaps one of the most astonishing games in our history!!

Just watched this one again on youtube, mainly to count the saves JK made in the 5-min highlights!
    I counted 11 ...!!!!
    This was after De Gea at the Emirates yesterday who apparently made 14!!!
    No doubt in my mind he is the world's best at the minute and yesterday in a game where there was a 75/25 split in possession stats in Arsenal's favour .................but I still maintain JK's performance remains the best!!
    Love to know what the possession stats were that day.
    Must have been the same if not worse and, unlike De Gea, JK had next to no help from his defence.

Oh, how I would love to hear of a similar story today - but that day in March 2000 was one in a lifetime!!

Just watched this one again on youtube, mainly to count the saves JK made in the 5-min highlights!
    I counted 11 ...!!!!
    This was after De Gea at the Emirates yesterday who apparently made 14!!!
    No doubt in my mind he is the world's best at the minute and yesterday in a game where there was a 75/25 split in possession stats in Arsenal's favour .................but I still maintain JK's performance remains the best!!
    Love to know what the possession stats were that day.
    Must have been the same if not worse and, unlike De Gea, JK had next to no help from his defence.

Oh, how I would love to hear of a similar story today - but that day in March 2000 was one in a lifetime!!
    So too was the one in December 1972. FA Cup second round. Blackburn 0, Crewe 1. John Manning with the goal. That would be a welcome score line today, although I cannot see it personally. Fingers crossed though.

773 Alex fans today, watching a thrilling 3-3 draw. 15 shots, 10 on target. 50-50 % possession. Wow. Well done to Dave Artell and the boys. Credit where credit is due. It is a long time since we were last in the hat for the third round (2008). Dario was in charge and Thordy lost out to Millwall in round 3. Goalie error by Steve Collis, I think. Replay on 12th Dec. £12 adults, £5 seniors. £4 under 16s. We have a real chance this time. It has been a while since we even got past round one. Really pleased with the Alex tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    We have a real chance this time.

Clearly Tony Mowbray doesn't think so.
    Typical sour grapes interview post-match.
    On the one hand - "Give Crewe some credit. They grasped hold of the hope they were given."
    But then on the other - "But we have to take the positives, we're still in the FA Cup and, when it was 11 v 11, the gulf was there for all to see."

He just couldn't leave it, could he.
    Couldn't care less if there was a gulf, the fact is his boys screwed up.
    If I were Dave, there's your pre-match teamtalk in a nutshell.

I had to smile...

I was visiting my MIL in her nursing home this afternoon and had RS on before I left home and we were 3-0 down after about half an hour?....Ah well I thought! Then later on when I saw the big screen TV they have in the home, it was flippin 3-3 with two of their men sent off...Ah well, I thought! Maybe we could win this and then I saw BBC covering these matches showing clips from the FA Cup including ours and Porter, I think it was, who with about 8 minutes to go had the whole goal at his mercy and he headed it past the post.....He will never get an easier chance! Ah well I thought, maybe we can win the replay if we can get three sent off...

Its not always easy playing against 10 men but 9 men? I don't know but fair does we did really well to do what we did! And the first time for many a year we have been in the third round draw...ManU anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast