Vouchers for Free Tickets - Forest Green Rovers v Crewe Alexandra
Dear Alex supporters
We are looking forward to welcoming you to The New Lawn on 18th November. Happily, I can save you some money with the offer of a free ticket voucher fully authorised by FGR. Interested? Then read on.
I am Chair of GDA Charity (Gloucestershire Deaf Association) and am myself severely and profoundly deaf. Whilst my ears don't work too well, my written communication is rather better, or so I am told. So, last year I decided to combine my support for GDA and FGR by writing a book about Rovers' 2016/17 season, with all profits going to GDA: 'The Rise of Forest Green Rovers – the Road to Wembley'. It was an illustrated book with contributions from many other supporters, laced with the gallows humour that we all use to keep our spirits up. In essence a book for supporters by supporters. Despite ending with our defeat at Wembley, the book did well and raised over £4,500 for GDA.
It was not my intention to write another tome. But, seconds after our victory at Wembley over Tranmere Rovers in May 2017, I could not resist the pleasure of recording my team's amazing ascendance to the English Football League. Hence, last month 'We did it our way – Forest Green Rovers' Triumph at Wembley – how a Cotswold hamlet club broke into the English Football League' was launched. Same formula but this time illustrated in gloss colour, again, all profits to GDA. Already, sales are above 250 and rising steadily.
For the literary buffs among you, the book's ISBN reference is 978-0-9956043-5-3. It is 288 pages with around 50 gloss colour illustrations, and 115,000 words of crafted prose and elegant verse (by FGR's poet laureates!). I am confident that all football supporters will share the nerve shredding despair and joy that 'We Did It Our Way' records.
FGR has long supported a range of charities, including GDA. With wonderful generosity, it has provided me with vouchers that enable free entrance to a FGR EFL match at The New Lawn in the 2017/18 season. One voucher per book, redeemable at FGR's ticket booths. The only condition is that a book is purchased at the RRP £13.99. The ticket prices for away supporters are Adults - £16, Seniors - £12, Young Adults - £8, Juniors - £5 U11’s - £0. So a purchasing adult will be £2.01 better off, will have helped GDA and will be the proud owner of an entertaining reminder of his/her visit. Who knows, you may well plunder 3 points too!
If this offer is of interest, the arrangements will be simple and do not involve any pre-payment. I can meet groups or individuals at a stall close to FGR's ticket booths, which are at the front of the stadium as you enter. Or in the event of bad weather, the Reception Hall of the main East Stand. I suggest timing from say 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm on match day.
Message me through Crewe Mad with you contact details. I will contact you by phone, text or email on the morning of the match to tell you where to find me.
With kindest sporting regards Chris Gardner.