+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watch the game or chat to 4th offical

Watch the game or chat to 4th offical

I was in Es*** when Crewe played at Colchester but unable to attend the game so I tuned into Radio Es*** to listen to the game. The first thing I noticed throughout the game was that the presenters were constantly mentioning how our manager DA was in various stages of debate with the 4th official about things occurring on the field of play and the discussion which appeared to be one sided lasted for several minutes or more each time . They felt at some stage he was would be sent to the stands and the team would be better off he actually watched the whole game . This appears a regular occurrence from our manager at home or away. I feel that on the odd occasion he should speak to the 4th official but once a decision has been made it will not be changed . He would be better off concentrating on our play and trying to get the best from our players whilst he is on the touch line
    The commentary from the two Es*** presenters was very poor and you could not follow the flow of the game they even at one point were more interested in litter blowing around the pitch than reporting on the game.

Have to agree with you. To keep on and on about it makes no sense. Nothing wrong with mentioning to the 4th official that he did not think it was a foul or similar comments. But as you say it is not going to change the decision.

Alternatively he may be just as bored of the game as a lot of the supporters are and looking for more interesting entertainment. Couldn`t blame him for that. I mean losing all the time must get boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Have to agree with you. To keep on and on about it makes no sense. Nothing wrong with mentioning to the 4th official that he did not think it was a foul or similar comments. But as you say it is not going to change the decision.

Alternatively he may be just as bored of the game as a lot of the supporters are and looking for more interesting entertainment. Couldn`t blame him for that. I mean losing all the time must get boring.
    Certainly wasn't boring yesterday in that intriguing FA Cup tie. Well worthy of that victory, both players and manager. As for the referee. He was absolutely the worst we have had this season. How many times did he get it all wrong? Dave would have had much to complain about regarding his decisions. I know that we had and made it clear to him and his assistants.

Sorry, Mick, you clearly didn’t witness Mr Kettle - atrocious and totally lost control. The fella on Saturday had the guts to change his mind about the disallowed goal and got the retaken corner decision absolutely right if our player was fouled before it was taken as the ball wasn’t in play.

Mind you, I seem to recall saying a few games ago after we beat Stevenage with Kettle in charge that I’d take a poor ref every match if we won them !!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Sorry, Mick, you clearly didn’t witness Mr Kettle - atrocious and totally lost control. The fella on Saturday had the guts to change his mind about the disallowed goal and got the retaken corner decision absolutely right if our player was fouled before it was taken as the ball wasn’t in play.

Mind you, I seem to recall saying a few games ago after we beat Stevenage with Kettle in charge that I’d take a poor ref every match if we won them !!
    You are absolutely correct, Steve. I did not witness Kettle, as we were on holiday for the Stevenage game. Take your point about that foul being committed "before" the ball entered play. However, that ref missed countless other decisions on Saturday. Like the penalty he should have awarded to us straight after the 'goal' being disallowed and the throw in for us, that he gave as a corner to them. Then there were the disgraceful tackles that went unpunished and the shirt pulling that he often missed. Good win for us though. Just don't want Wigan, Swindon, Charlton or Blackburn in round two. Don't fancy Oxford City either.

DA was missing from the bench for the first 20 minutes , the reason , he was sitting in the directors box with his father who is a Rotherham fan.( info from a steward ) When he came down I kept an eye on him and he had little conversations with the 4 th official throughout the game but did make lots of comments to the refs assessor about his decision making who was sitting near to the directors box . I agree with all the comments on the referee, very poor decisions made . We appear to get the newly qualified refs as our team plays football but it appears the oppositions are taking advantage of this and roughing our players up and getting away with it .