+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Karma and the Oystons

Karma and the Oystons

They say it works in mysterious ways and karma has been laid squarely at Karl and Owen Oystons feet.

Remember them suing fans of Blackpool FC saying lessons have been learned and playing the billy big b.ollocks over it.

Well the High Court has ruled against them in a case lodged by a former shareholder and they now must pay the claimant an eye watering 31 million pounds!

A spokesman for the Oystons says this would financially cripple the two and it might result in the club being put up for sale. In essence the fans may suffer again. I wonder though how many of their fans are now laughing at them?
    😄

Joey Barton on them too Brin for repayment. He stated openly the Oystons were using the club as a cash cow and was sued.

Hope they do sell up for the fans sake (how many have stayed away?) but still they could get same style owners .

Hope it's a bit warmer this time round when we are there, freezing last time

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Hope they do sell up for the fans sake (how many have stayed away?) but still they could get same style owners .

Hope it's a bit warmer this time round when we are there, freezing last time
    providing they are still around in december.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Joey Barton on them too Brin for repayment. He stated openly the Oystons were using the club as a cash cow and was sued.
    According to what’s coming out, one of them paid himself 11 million pounds when they hit the Prem. I don’t know the legalities of the FA and what owners can and cannot take so was he allowed to do that... who knows?

Just goes to show the changing face of Britain. There was no karma when I was a lad. What used to go around came around I blame Boy George and his chameleon.

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    just goes to show the changing face of britain. There was no karma when i was a lad. What used to go around came around ;d i blame boy george and his chameleon.

Good one Cam

Been put up for sale, good news for the fans hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just goes to show the changing face of Britain. There was no karma when I was a lad. What used to go around came around I blame Boy George and his chameleon.
    John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band hit "Instant Karma".... 1970

I'll be honest i'd worry for the future of the club if i was a 'pool fan.