+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Irn Bru Quarter Final: The New Saints vs. Queen of the South

Irn Bru Quarter Final: The New Saints vs. Queen of the South

Live on Channel S4C on Sunday, 12th November 2.45pm KO.
    Match Referee is Raymond Crangle from Northern Ireland.

I'm flying down for this one. Hope some Queens fans come up and say hello either in the pubs or at the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I'm flying down for this one. Hope some Queens fans come up and say hello either in the pubs or at the game itself.

Lies

What is your agenda with me aloreburn? I like a bit of banter most of the time but your replies always seem to have issues. Please lighten up auld son.

There will be a one minutes silence prior to the kick - off and members of The New Saints FC will join Queens supporters at the wreath - laying ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    There will be a one minutes silence prior to the kick - off and members of The New Saints FC will join Queens supporters at the wreath - laying ceremony.
    Our wonderful fans never cease to amaze me - what a wonderful gesture which will be appreciated by our Welsh friends - anymore information on this auld yin concerning venue and times - this could be a historic occasion and if anyone has any pictures could they pass them to this site and/or Dumfries and Galloway Standard.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Our wonderful fans never cease to amaze me - what a wonderful gesture which will be appreciated by our Welsh friends - anymore information on this auld yin concerning venue and times - this could be a historic occasion and if anyone has any pictures could they pass them to this site and/or Dumfries and Galloway Standard.

Thanks to everyone from the Doonhamers travel club,Devorgilla doonhamers and the New bazaar doonhamers plus any individual Queens fans who donated to the wreath appeal at Greenock on Saturday. The wreath will be laid at the memorial gates in church Street Oswestry before the tns match on Sunday by Queens supporters on behalf of the club and supporters. At the moment we have also raised £150 which will be handed over at the collection at the memorial service.

Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 10-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.

[QUOTE=QOS_MAD_ADMIN;38701846]Thanks to everyone from the Doonhamers travel club,Devorgilla doonhamers and the New bazaar doonhamers plus any individual Queens fans who donated to the wreath appeal at Greenock on Saturday. The wreath will be laid at the memorial gates in church Street Oswestry before the tns match on Sunday by Queens supporters on behalf of the club and supporters. At the moment we have also raised £150 which will be handed over at the collection at the memorial service.

Starting Eleven:
    Martin, Rooney, Marshall, Fordyce, Brownlie, Tapping, Dobbie, Jacobs, McFadden, Murray, Dykes
    Subs: Stirling, Lyle, Kane, Fergusson, Akubuine, Leighfield, Mercer

Too many guilt edged chances squandered during the 120 minutes and when Lyle and Dobbie step up to miss in the shoot-out we were never going to win this game. Just a pity as I was desperate for us to shut up those Welsh commentators who were a disgrace throughout.

C'est la vie as they say in France. They'll just have to dust themselves down for next weekend when the club head to Montrose in the Scottish Cup. Dobbie missed the gilt edged chance and you'd expect Dobbie and Lyle to convert in the shoot-out. Rankin was a big miss for whatever the reason was and Tapping was a like a passenger throughout the 120 minutes. Glad to see McFadden play his best game for Queens so far and was man-of-the-match in my eyes.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 12-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    C'est la vie as they say in France. They'll just have to dust themselves down for next weekend when the club head to Montrose in the Scottish Cup. Dobbie missed the gilt edged chance and you'd expect Dobbie and Lyle to convert in the shoot-out. Rankin was a big miss for whatever the reason was and Tapping was a like a passenger throughout the 120 minutes. Glad to see McFadden play his best game for Queens so far and was man-of-the-match in my eyes.
    Where was Rankin today? Was he injured? Heís been playing well and was missed today as they seemed for much of the game to bully us in midfield. Felt Jacobs was a bit lost without him. It was only in extra time we really looked like doing something. Iíd have put my house against both Dobbie and Del missing penalties and Stevenís howler when through on goal was sair take bear.

Ho hum. There you go. We should have won that though. :-(

Bad day for the Dobster though. Guess he knows it.

Regardless, I feel compelled to say that Fordyce’s penalty was one of the best I’ve ever seen a Queens player take. It was a peach!
    Last edited by louisxiv; 13-11-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Jacobs penalty was a belter as well. Another 20 minutes of outfield play and we would have won that game.
    Welsh will come unstuck when they get a away fixture.

Tapping is absolute gutter. Doesn't read the game and whenever he gets the ball plays it safe and short. He should be splitting defences open not hiding. Only decent game ive seen him play was the game before his contract was up!

Stirling on the other hand looks to be getting a raw deal on the bench. He looks dangerous when he comes on. He needs to be given more of a chance imo

Lyndon Dykes was a waste of a shirt IMO . Naysmith needs to start Lyle with Dobbie this Saturday