+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

And with that the song hits top spot today for me, in my memory of late brother of the same name, who sadly lost his battle to cancer in May this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n295hjktHD0

No 2 goes Mirelle Mathieu with her rendition of La Marseillaise ( Yes I consider national anthems as music too). Just listen to that voice and her enunciation! Never heard anyone sing the anthem better than this.

No 3 - in honour of Mr and Mrs Andy Faber, it's To Sir With Love by Lulu!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTapoA5RQyo

Having been celebrating our Wedding Anniversary rather excessively with the rest of the clan my song at this moment is by Andy Fairweather Low......yes you've guessed that classic 'Wide Eyed and Legless' or to be more precise in my case...pissed!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Having been celebrating our Wedding Anniversary rather excessively with the rest of the clan my song at this moment is by Andy Fairweather Low......yes you've guessed that classic 'Wide Eyed and Legless' or to be more precise in my case...pissed!!
    Talking about being pissed and Low, perhaps you should try this:

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Ah, the innocent days when gentle songs like that got in the charts

So Romany....what about 2 Unlimited's number 1 in 1993? They were basically Belgian with some Dutch thrown in.....

Also wasnt Goyte a song by Chas n Dave?
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 29-11-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Re: Father Abraham aka Vader Abraham and whose real name is Pierre Kartner. Still alive, born April 11th 1935 which makes him 82. As recently as last year he was on a late night talk show. He was born in the own of Elst in the province of Gelderland which makes him Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    So Romany....what about 2 Unlimited's number 1 in 1993? They were basically Belgian with some Dutch thrown in.....

I woke this am with 'Pump Up The Jam' by Technotronic competing for space with my AC/DC-induced tinnitus. Two things I can't resolve. did it get to number one? and of course are they even Belgian?

Edit. Now I have 'Doop' by 'Doop' in my mind. I'm more sure it was a number one, less sure they were Belgians

Edit, back to the OP of the OT: Montrose - 'Bad Motor Scooter'
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 30-11-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post

No sir, it did not reach No 1 in the Billboard hot 100. It did reach No 1 in the UK and on the dance lists.

Now after checking, yes Dominique was and is considered a No 1 song. The Hot 100 did not become the ultimate deciding factor until later on in the 60s. It was just getting to be decider when Sister Soreire's (sp) song reached No 1 in the US, which was considered the top song in the world because of the larger US market. Later on the top song in the USA automatically becomes the No 1 in the Billboard hot 100 as is the case today.

And no Goyte or Is it Goite is a singer from this century whose song Somebody I Used to Know reached No 1 on the Billboard hot 100, the first Belgian since 1963 to reach that accolade.

Ok here's another one. Psy's 'Gangnam Style' reached No 1 in 2012 or 2013.
    He's the 2nd East Asian to do so. Who remembers the first?.

Hint - Also another 50 year thingy. No googling now...

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Ok here's another one. Psy's 'Gangnam Style' reached No 1 in 2012 or 2013.
    He's the 2nd East Asian to do so. Who remembers the first?.

Hint - Also another 50 year thingy. No googling now...
    Cliff Richard - Move it. Definitely born in India. But was it a number 1?.....
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 30-11-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)