+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Oh, and my all-time favourite song is 'Sky Pilot' by the Animals!!
    With Xmas on the way The Pogues will get some bashing on the car radio!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Absolutely love all genres of music. However, from someone who is tone deaf, has the voice of a ruptured cockerel and can't play one note on the spoons it's a shame Adi is not a Leeds fan then I could hate the git for having, like rA says, such a 'blissful' job!! Lol.
    Take solace from the fact that he might be teaching the equally tone death, mac.
    Being able to play ‘Hey Joe’ on the guitar would probably make me even more happy than seeing Derby promoted.

Absolutely love all genres of music. However, from someone who is tone deaf, has the voice of a ruptured cockerel and can't play one note on the spoons it's a shame Adi is not a Leeds fan then I could hate the git for having, like rA says, such a 'blissful' job!! Lol.
    I'm also doing a studio session this Saturday in Southampton, provisionally providing some slide guitar but usually there are a few extra's requested.

It's only part-time mind, is real hard work, and a good way to spoil a hobby, so you're missing nothing! And I've never, ever had anyone truly tone deaf, anyone can learn, so give it a go, you'll surprise yourself.

Unfortunately, Adi, with hands having the dexterity of a blacksmith's anvil instead of finger-picking on the guitar I dare'nt even risk them on my nose!!

Welcome to my world Mac! Absolutely no musical / singing / playing skills whatsoever. When at school, a school desperate for members of its choir, I was forced to audition along with the whole of my year group. I was the only one not invited to join the choir. I remember it now - entered the music master's classroom where he was sat at the piano. He played one of the keys and told me to sing the note. I just stared at him blankly and enquired "How?". He sighed and asked me to send the next candidate in on my way out.... the trauma has stayed with me ever since and I do not even sing at matches to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I'm also doing a studio session this Saturday in Southampton, provisionally providing some slide guitar but usually there are a few extra's requested.

It's only part-time mind, is real hard work, and a good way to spoil a hobby, so you're missing nothing! And I've never, ever had anyone truly tone deaf, anyone can learn, so give it a go, you'll surprise yourself.
    Never belittle your talent Adi...anyone can’t learn...unlike Rog I had lots of youthful musical opportunities including singing a solo in Westminster Abbey. Resented the practice time that got in the way of sport so now I’ve got arthritic fingers an occasionally dodgy knee and no hope of playing the instruments I felt were imposed on me at the time. My mistake...all I can play are CD’s.

Anything to do with music is bliss of some sort. But there is no more depressing feeling than the moment you get home at 3am after a gig and have to decide whether to spend the next hour offloading possibly a ton of gear out of your van and into your kitchen, on your own, and thereby setting up a decent family flair-up in four hours, or just leave it in the van and have four hours of non-sleep worrying about the gear and van being gone in the morning.

Gor blimey RR, are you sure you're not me!! I also auditioned for the choir at Juniors and made such a row I was given 100 lines as teacher thought I was 'extracting the urine'!!
    Yes rA I have the same arthritic fingers!! Me and my mates tried to form a group when we were 16'ish! Now move over Hank (my god in that era) I thought, picking up the guitar!! Mmmmmm, after ceremoniously smashing it on the floor (very 'Who' like!!) in frustration I spotted the drums!! Now all you do here is whack it as hard as you can, that should suit me!!
    The rest is history.......

Only ever learned the recorder at school but did do solos as a boy soprano at Junior School (Francicence to offer have I..... among others). 1st year at Grammar School I made the swimming team. Training was Monday and Thursday after school. Start of the year we had no music teacher. After Christmas we got one who directed 3 choirs and an orchestra outside of school and was very good at it. He wanted to create a cracking school choir and auditioned everybody in the first few lessons. Very first lesson, 2nd up was the Amster. He played half a dozen notes. I hit them all perfectly. You're in, he said. No I'm not, I said. The rest of the lesson was taken up with him trying to persuade me, then cajole and then oreder me to join the choir..... all to no effect. I was the class star for the next week. My major reason was that choir practice clashed with swimming training.

I was proved right during my school career. In the 2nd year my voice "broke". In reality it didn't break, it disintegrated and I can no longer sing in tune unless it is in a very deep bass voice and even then it goes haywire if I go up an octave. U15s I made 2 Derbyshire swimming finals.

Not listened to any music so far today. I will be digitising some of my vinyl collection this afternoon so it will be Motown, Northern Soul and R&B from the 60s and 70s all the way.

Currently listening to Stretch - 'Why did You Do It?'. Now there's a story....

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)