+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Listening to this classic - Lover's Concerto

Also listened to:

My Love. - Petula Clark. This is my favourite by her.

I only want to be with you by Dusty Springfield.

And another classic.

Catch a falling star by Perry Cuomo

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Also listened to:

My Love. - Petula Clark. This is my favourite by her.

I only want to be with you by Dusty Springfield.

And another classic.

Catch a falling star by Perry Cuomo
    Each to their own and I’m not being remotely critical, but I thought you were young. Pet Clark and Perry Como was easy listening for my parent’s generation. Surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Each to their own and I’m not being remotely critical, but I thought you were young. Pet Clark and Perry Como was easy listening for my parent’s generation. Surprised.
    Probably middle age than young. However I liked them even as a ****ager or in my 20s.
    The thing is I wasn't much of a music lover until my late ****s.
    So I started a bit later and as such I decided to make up for it by loving almost all genres of music. Music of my parents, even grandparents and now of my kids. And almost every form - classical, rock, pop, heavy metal, trance, techno, dance numbers - it's all good. Heck I can even listen to foreign music. Just last week, I was listening to some folk African music.

It's very rare to find something musical that I can't stomach. There's bound to be some, but thus far I can't thing any that even if I didn't like at the beginning, somehow or rather grew to at the very least, find tolerable.

As for 50s, 60s music, I find them extremely enjoyable especially so since most are like 1 1/2 or 2 mins or so long. So it's just so short, you listen to one, yearn for more and if you don't appreciate so much, can move on to the next.

Fair enough Rom, nothing wrong with a ‘pocketful of starlight’...nice song...can’t help feeling old Perry might have been banned for psychedelic inspiration had it been released a decade later.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Totally disagree on Perry. a true craftsman, I would put him in my top five singers.

Who would your top five be then, Andy??

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Who would your top five be then, Andy??
    Paul Rodgers, of Free, Bad Company, Queen and other bands, and solo. IMO he sings as well now as in the early 70's, plus for a rock fan his catalague is immense, in the last few years I've seen him do three mixed sets with maybe four songs in common, a Bad Co set (as Bad Co at The Nottingham Arena) and a Free set (most recently, at Notts Concert Hall).

Otis Redding, The King Of Soul

Glenn Hughes, Devout Wolves fan, ex Trapeze/DeepPurple/Black Sabbath/You Name It/BlackCountry Communion, 'The Voice Of Rock' and a lovely if eccentric fellah. Looking forward to seeing him overplay his role at The Robin in Bilston at BCC's only UK date for ages on Jan 2, the tix came today

Aretha Franklin. when folk who rave on about Amy Winehouse, I accept their plaudits but IMO she was on the first rung of a ladder with Aretha at the top

Perry Como. Never a more inviting voice, he had the skill of making it sound like he was singing directly and only to the listener.

Others in the top ten, Beth Hart, Jimmy Dewar, Bobby Bland, James Carr, Big Crosby

What about yours? ten totally different probably, and that'd be great, give me and us all other voices to explore

Sinatra at no 1. Pure artist and manipulator of words.
    Pavrotti at no 2. Not my normal music but he hit the spot for me.
    Dusty Springfield and Judith Durham are my joint top girls at 3
    Buddy Holly at 5 because he introduced me to pop!!
    After that the list is endless led by Freddie Mercury!!

Beth Gibbons, Suzanne Vega, Sandy Denny, Grace Slick, Billie Holliday on the female front.

Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Chester Bennington, Lightnin Hopkins, Levon Helm on the male.

OK maybe not the "best" but personal favourites

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)