+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As a DJ and "social dancer" my preferred choice is soul music. The four four beat of the old classics is perfect for dancing to...
    Not being a dancer I’m more a fan of the ‘deep’ soul / 3/4 / waltz time stuff, and on that subject, recently listened to:

Otis Redding - ‘that’s how strong my love is’

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not being a dancer I’m more a fan of the ‘deep’ soul / 3/4 / waltz time stuff, and on that subject, recently listened to:

Otis Redding - ‘that’s how strong my love is’
    Otis - Love the guy. Yet another one gone way too soon.

Just to break up the soul duprass*, I have just listened to Clive Dunn singing Grandad.

Check your Bokononism RA

Been way too busy to listen much of watch movies. Hopefully this gets corrected next week.

But I've been listening to a bit of jazz courtesy of the late Hugh Masekala who died recently. The Father of South African jazz

Lovely day of music today...Travelling Wilburys, Nick Cave, Leonard Cohen and First Aid Kit...deep joy!

Back to the music:

Top 3 for today

1. Big in Japan - Alphaville - A personal favourite song of mine.

2. Heaven - Bryan Adams - Truly a classic for the ages.

3. Don't You Want Me - The Human League (An apt song around transfer deadline day)

Currently Listening To:

Deep Purple: The whole of the 'Made In Japan' album'

They say never meet your heroes (because they might turn out to be tosspots), well I had a 'moment' today in the departure lounge at Heathrow that must be the exception. I exchanged a feint smile and a nod with an old geezer with a grey ponytail fiddling with his change in the queue next to me a pret a manger. My smile simply said 'thanks', his nod said 'you're welcome'. The old geezer paid for his coffee and shuffled off into the throng, never to be seen (by me) again.

Thing is, he wasn't just any old geezer, he was the mighty IAN PAICE, drummer with Deep Purple. Rock on Paicey

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Currently Listening To:

Deep Purple: The whole of the 'Made In Japan' album'

They say never meet your heroes (because they might turn out to be tosspots), well I had a 'moment' today in the departure lounge at Heathrow that must be the exception. I exchanged a feint smile and a nod with an old geezer with a grey ponytail fiddling with his change in the queue next to me a pret a manger. My smile simply said 'thanks', his nod said 'you're welcome'. The old geezer paid for his coffee and shuffled off into the throng, never to be seen (by me) again.

Thing is, he wasn't just any old geezer, he was the mighty IAN PAICE, drummer with Deep Purple. Rock on Paicey
    First drummer I ever saw, although tbh Gillan and Blackmore stole the show. Apparently he’s still only 69...find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    First drummer I ever saw, although tbh Gillan and Blackmore stole the show. Apparently he’s still only 69...find that hard to believe.
    First I saw (in a headline band, at The Kings Hall!) was Ginger Baker, now he WAS a tosspot. (allegedly obviously, he's still alive). Excellent drummer though, in fact the whole band (The Baker Gurvitz Army) were top notch that night. Anyway, I ramble
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 01-02-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Ginger Baker. That evokes memories of when the beeb televised the Cream farewell concert. My brother was 8 years older than me. He and his mates wanted to watch it. None of the parents would allow "that rubbish on in this house". Every Thursday we had a house full for Top of the Pops. Not a problem as my Dad worked evenings and nights so wasn't there to veto.....

He WAS going to be there for the farewell do........... "I enna gunna sit through all that bump bum bang bang from buggahs as conna even play their instruments properly". We then explained that all the members of Cream were all classically trained musicians. That made sufficient difference to get the usual house full. Wonders never cease. The owd fella liked it. he waxed lyrical over Ginger Baker saying "best drummer I've seen since Gene Krupa". Now, that from my owd fella was the ultimate praise.

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)