+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Strange that what today is perceived to be rock & roll, soul, R&B etc isn't anything like what those genres were "when we wuz lads". They may call it evolution or whatever but it aint rock & roll, soul, R&B anymore...... and don't get me started on EDM.... sheeesh!
    Not a fan then? is that of the music, the DJs or both?

My little publishing sideline is in 50s rock'n'roll, and believe me there are some VERY strong views on the use of the phrase rock'n'roll out of (their narrowly defined) context

Just to pressurise your duprass, I agree that this thread should be renamed the soul love in, which is why I have ceased contributing the odd 2d-worth, By the way WTF is EDM

If you are talking of EDM Andy then it's the "music" mainly. The DJs are technically gifted and write and produce their own stuff so some Kudos is due.

There are several streams of EDM sich as Hard core, Hard style, Techno, Mellow and many more. I find them much of a muchnes to be honest. A lot of the songs are reworks of old tunes. My eldest was at a "do" called "Don't let Daddy know" at the Ziggo dome at the weekend. DJs performing were Mike Williams | Lucas & Steve | Sem Vox | Nicky Romero | Axwel /\ Ingrosso | Nervo | Timmy Trumpet | Wildstylez |. All popular performers apparently. My wife was on social media on her phone and Ziggo put up part of the concert Live.... she turned the sound up and was gobsmacked that I sang along with the performer. No idea which of them it was but I just blurted out the words to Nancy Sinatra.... Bang, bang, my baby shot me down. My wife was surprised that I knew the words to some random EDM number.... as was my son when he heard about it the next afternoon.

I suppose what gets me is that the DJs jump about and wave their hands in the air while a computer plays the music and the DJs look as though they are twiddling with dials and pushing buttons. No way could the piece be performed live by them. It's all so fake to me. Maybe no more fake than I am spinning my 45s but I don't try to take credit for being a "musician" although I do on occasion play the instrumental version of a song and do the vocals myself (spoken, with feeling, rather than sung)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If you are talking of EDM Andy then it's the "music" mainly. The DJs are technically gifted and write and produce their own stuff so some Kudos is due.

There are several streams of EDM sich as Hard core, Hard style, Techno, Mellow and many more. I find them much of a muchnes to be honest. A lot of the songs are reworks of old tunes. My eldest was at a "do" called "Don't let Daddy know" at the Ziggo dome at the weekend. DJs performing were Mike Williams | Lucas & Steve | Sem Vox | Nicky Romero | Axwel /\ Ingrosso | Nervo | Timmy Trumpet | Wildstylez |. All popular performers apparently. My wife was on social media on her phone and Ziggo put up part of the concert Live.... she turned the sound up and was gobsmacked that I sang along with the performer. No idea which of them it was but I just blurted out the words to Nancy Sinatra.... Bang, bang, my baby shot me down. My wife was surprised that I knew the words to some random EDM number.... as was my son when he heard about it the next afternoon.

I suppose what gets me is that the DJs jump about and wave their hands in the air while a computer plays the music and the DJs look as though they are twiddling with dials and pushing buttons. No way could the piece be performed live by them. It's all so fake to me. Maybe no more fake than I am spinning my 45s but I don't try to take credit for being a "musician" although I do on occasion play the instrumental version of a song and do the vocals myself (spoken, with feeling, rather than sung)
    stealing beats and tunes from an earlier generation has always been the case though MA.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Just to pressurise your duprass, I agree that this thread should be renamed the soul love in, which is why I have ceased contributing the odd 2d-worth, By the way WTF is EDM
    That's rubbish Roger. I don't always comment on certain types of music which I'm rather lacking in, but I still look out for the oldies and other songs that others post.
    This thread is about the music YOU are listening to, not so much what others do. You only need to share what you've been listening to and if other aspects differ, that's ok.

Now if you could post some great 70s and 80s music that would be super cool.

Listening to:

1. Dancing Queen - Abba.

2. Kokomo - Beach Boys

3. Surfin USA - Beach Boys (what a cool song)

Electronic Dance Music ...try and keep up!
    Holds about as much appeal as Rap for me but, each to their own.
    Music today? ‘Jordan: The Comeback’ - Prefab Sprout...beautiful as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    stealing beats and tunes from an earlier generation has always been the case though MA.
    Yes it has Andy but in the past the band members could actually play the "stolen" beat/riff on their guitar/keyboard/drums live on stage.

No more.

Not the spirit at all RR, lets hear from you

Ramjet, there is absolutely nothing to stop you posting up music you are listening to. I am a little bit shocked that you appear to object to me posting stuff I am listening to and that Andy and I swap anecdotes on it and/or the artists.

Just for you, and to show I am not a one genre pony, I currently have Jackson Browne's album "running on empty" playing in the background. I have seen him play in Amsterdam on 3 occasions and the man is good. The Load Out/Stay track from the album used to be the last number played at the Britannia pub on Korte Leidsedwaarsstraat in Amsterdam every night back in the day. When that started you knew that last orders were under way and that when the song ended the tap was shut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UC4SLsPQic

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)