+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Salopian0 View Post
    Yeah he relied on backing singers in later years as he struggled with breathing but he could still put on a show
    Add Lionel Richie, Diana Ross and many others to that list. They do still put on a show though.

Sorry Mad. but three voices I can't stand are Tina Turner Cher and Diana Ross their voices just grate me

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Sorry Mad. but three voices I can't stand are Tina Turner Cher and Diana Ross their voices just grate me
    Saw la Ross in Arnhem, 2009. Voice just doesn't have the range anymore and the backing singers make up for it but the show was a cracker. Same with Lionel Richie 2 years ago in Amsterdam.

In the end it is all down to personal taste. I don't like the music for the manic depressive put out by the Smiths but a lot do. I split music into 3 basic categories. Stuff I like that I can also dance to (as an NS buff, danceability ranks high on my wish list), stuff I like that is "listening music" and stuff I don't like which includes a lot of the heavy stuff, house, EDM and most definitely C&W. Although I did get one C&W number by Ronnie McDowell, I love you, I love you, I love you which I found particullarly excruciating to listen to, in a job lot I bought online. I forced my self to play the flip, Fallin', and that is an OK song with a four four time beat and is danceable. Played it at a couple of gigs and didn't empty the floor with it.

A lot of popular tracks on the Northern scene are B sides. One example is Show me the way, probably my favourite Vandellas track, is the B side of Honey Chile. I played Show me the way at gigs way back in the late 60s. Very popular track at NS Gigs. Strangely enough they had never played the song live until a concert at the North Sea Jazz Club, Amsterdam in November 2015. A fellow DJ had asked them to perform the song. They did, they even got him on stage to announce the song. It went down a bomb and they suddenly thought, what other gems of B sides do we have? On the cruise I suggested "One way out". They are looking to include that at some point in the future.

All good stuff this!

Probot:- Shake your blood
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09hBGGpSjk

Die Krupps:- to the HIlt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLVpyPCEjxU

MadAmster. Don't think there is any bad music if people enjoy listening to it To many music fans ready to rubbish stuff they don't like Must agree with you about the Smiths though also Radiohead and Muse but they are extremely popular so you can't knock it Think you would have a job dancing to them😊

MadAmster. Don't think there is any bad music if people enjoy listening to it To many music fans ready to rubbish stuff they don't like Must agree with you about the Smiths though also Radiohead and Muse but they are extremely popular so you can't knock it Think you would have a job dancing to them��
    That makes sense Mista - I love Radiohead and Muse, as well as hating dancing. Must be something to do with being born with testicles!

However the Smiths I can do without

MadAmster. Don't think there is any bad music if people enjoy listening to it To many music fans ready to rubbish stuff they don't like Must agree with you about the Smiths though also Radiohead and Muse but they are extremely popular so you can't knock it Think you would have a job dancing to them��
    But if there is no such thing as bad music, how do you explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAL9ELsFRw

MadAmster. Don't think there is any bad music if people enjoy listening to it To many music fans ready to rubbish stuff they don't like Must agree with you about the Smiths though also Radiohead and Muse but they are extremely popular so you can't knock it Think you would have a job dancing to them😊
    Agree with that.mate of mine idolized Elton John I can't remember any of all his records that I thought was good..Made in England probably his only one ok imo. But he's a rich man on it

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    But if there is no such thing as bad music, how do you explain this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAL9ELsFRw
    As mista said .reached number 2 in the charts so somebody enjoyed it. Thanks for the link .enjoyed that

There is always somebody that will like a particular tune. That is why I use the terms such as personal taste and like/don't like.

I don't like Octopus, find it bland and rubbery so I don't eat it. Every time I have eaten Turkey, the meat has been dry so I avoid that as well. Doesn't mean it's nasty or anything. Just not to my taste. It's the same with music.

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)