+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Andy What were they playing at the Ockbrook Fireworks.
    Light my fire. The Doors
    We didn't start the fire Billy Joel
    Great balls of fire Jerry Lee Lewis
    Burn Ellie Goulding
    *** on fire. Kings of Leon
    Fire Starter The Prodigy
    No I'm not cracking up just bored waiting for Reading v Cardiff to start empty house wife and daughter gone line dancing son on sleepover

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Latest addition to my collection which will be forwarded to me some time in January by my mule in Boston, Ma. Proper bargain. Difosco - Sunshine Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KBcu61lVM
    A floorfiller that I love but I've never heard, and third down on the youtube feed was The Ambers - I Love You Baby, which I've heard a thousand times and which I'm also reacquainting myself with

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Andy What were they playing at the Ockbrook Fireworks.
    Light my fire. The Doors
    We didn't start the fire Billy Joel
    Great balls of fire Jerry Lee Lewis
    Burn Ellie Goulding
    *** on fire. Kings of Leon
    Fire Starter The Prodigy
    No I'm not cracking up just bored waiting for Reading v Cardiff to start empty house wife and daughter gone line dancing son on sleepover
    If it was that selection I would have seen the joke Mista, but it was, I'm told, a not-even-recent Beyonce album

Rocket Man by Elton John and Donald Trump; Jumping Jack Flash by the Stones; Burning down the House bt Talking Heads; Roman Candle by Elliot Smith; Sparklers by Rocky Voltolato

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    A floorfiller that I love but I've never heard, and third down on the youtube feed was The Ambers - I Love You Baby, which I've heard a thousand times and which I'm also reacquainting myself with
    For some reason, the Difosco number never got released. So many great songs never made it past the Promo copy stage. I had this in my first collection that "disappeared" when I got divorced early 80s. Went away for a weekend, came back and records gone..... Only started buying again 3 years ago. Getting this one back cost £12 including post. It is rare as there were only 250 or thereabouts Promo copies made. It could fetch between 6 and 8 times what I paid for it.

Ambers tune. Thanks for the reminder. I had totally forgotten that one. Promo goes for 120, issue 80. I will wait for a bargain before adding it back in to the collection.

Andy Hard to think of anything worse than a Beyonce album

2 Beyonce albums perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Forgot to say in my earlier reply....... Difosco is actually Big Dee Irwin.

Sorry chaps...the only ‘floorfillers’ that I really understood were ‘Hi Ho Silver Lining’, ‘Nutbush City Limits’ and ‘Brown Sugar’.
    Just listened to Nina Simone singing ‘Mr. Bojangles’, ‘Just Like a Woman’ and ‘The Look of Love’...marvellous!

With lyrics like:

Flies are in your pea soup baby, they're waving at me
    Anything you want is yours now, only nothing's for free
    Lies are gonna get you someday, just wait and see
    So open up your beach umbrella, while you're watching TV"

It has to be a floorfiller rather than contain lyrics to luxuriate in.

Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)