+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Off for a bit of recording today in the style of Velvet Underground. "Orrible noises" is the requirement, no problem ha!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Off for a bit of recording today in the style of Velvet Underground. "Orrible noises" is the requirement, no problem ha!
    1 man's 'orrible noise, is another man's music, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Saw Lou Reed a couple of times in the seventies. Thinking back...the first time was 1972...fond memories...then I realised that’s 46 (forty six!!!) years ago...now I’m in crisis.

Look on the bright side....it may only be 45

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Look on the bright side....it may only be 45
    Sort of...it was autumn...at Manchester Polytechnic, but that’s really clutching at straws. He was excellent but...it’s still going on half a century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sort of...it was autumn...at Manchester Polytechnic, but that’s really clutching at straws. He was excellent but...it’s still going on half a century ago.
    Better to think of those years than be too young to have been part of that fantastic period for popular music. We really had it so lucky.

Meanwhile, the lovely folk at Ace Records have sent me review copies of:

Charlie Rich - Too Many Teardrops, the complete groove and rca recordings, and

ZZ Hill - that’s It!, the complete Kent Recordings

And I’m in ecstasy

Untypically I went to a performance of Baroque Sacred music last night. The young boy treble and girl soprano were excellent but the music didn’t exactly help lift my mood.
    Strange that modern/pop music has been criticised so often for having meaningless repetitive lyrics. Seems to me, on the evidence of yesterday evening, that such C17 and C18th grandees as Cazzati, Purcell and Brevi simply used to resort to endless repetitive ‘Hallelujahs’ when they ran out of ideas.
    Need some Cerys on Radio 6 this morning to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Better to think of those years than be too young to have been part of that fantastic period for popular music. We really had it so lucky.

Meanwhile, the lovely folk at Ace Records have sent me review copies of:

Charlie Rich - Too Many Teardrops, the complete groove and rca recordings, and

ZZ Hill - that’s It!, the complete Kent Recordings

And I’m in ecstasy
    I've had a couple off them and Secret Stash. Eddie Parker I'm gone for one and Chequerboard squares -Double Cookin' amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I've had a couple off them and Secret Stash. Eddie Parker I'm gone for one and Chequerboard squares -Double Cookin' amongst them.
    I have the Eddie Parker one.

Currently ROFLing to:

Alfie Bow - 'Rock'n'Roll'. A vid from the 2013 Sunflower Jam John Lord Tribute gig, Alfie trying and gloriously failing to be a proper rock singer - tried to look like one - failed, tried to move like one - failed, tried to sound like one - failed, despite being pitch perfect as ever, but its just watching him having a punt at it that entertaining for me.

Listened to the Dam Buster's March this morning.......

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)