+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Ok here's a little request for all of you. Gibe me 3 songs from the 50s through 80s. It can be all from 1 period, eg 60s or a mix 2 or more decades.
    3 songs you really like and recommend me listen.
    And no Roger, not 3 songs from song unknown singer or country that you googled. Just 3 songs you truly like and recommend.

Much obliged.
    From the 50s (well '49 but hey ho) Teddy Brannon And His Orchestra - 'Everybody Get Together', right on the cusp of when big band music became jump blues became R&B became rock'n'roll

From The 60's (1969) Lee Dresser - 'El Camino Real'. This cut died a death on its initial release, and then was rediscovered in 2010 by a British rock'n'roll DJ who played it to death in the clubs, from which it spread worldwide, earning Lee an unexpected bit of late-in-life celebrity, headlining a number of rock'n'roll festivals. Regretably Lee died in 2014
    Strangely this song, a rock'n'roll floorfiller, is almost 100% interchangeable with Al Wilson's 'the Snake', a Northern Soul floorfiller

From The 80's (1988) Love and Money - 'Jocelyn Square'. No back story on this one, just IMO a sh*t hot piece of Glasgee pop

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    They say 'never meet your heroes', my experience of that has been mixed (Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy - pure class in behaviour and dress sense, and a sliding scale from there downwards via Ozzy Osbourne (deranged, looking on the verge of death and this was in the late 70s!) through Sonja Christina (discussed before, and away with fairies at the time) and down to one iconic singer who I met in The Assembly rooms in the early 80s and who I would not leave any female or child alone with for more than 30 seconds). But all that's my stupid fault for lurking on the edges of 'the biz' for 3/4 of my life. I read about music nearly as much as I listen, and as with the personal experiences, what lies within the covers has an impact - sometimes positive (Rudy Sarzo, Gary Kemp), more often negative (see above) - but I don't think anything has ever put me off listening to great music

So,

Currently listening to:

King Curtis - 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale'

This piece of music famously underpins the opening scene of the famous 'cult' movie, 'Withnail And I', although I'm listening to it off the source CD, King Curtis Live At Fillmore West.

If you are as sad as me and listen to 'directors/contributors commentaries' of films, you'll know that Paul McGann (the 'I' in the film) observes that King Curtis was murdered on the night of the recording, shot in the face in the car park of the venue. I've seen that repeated many times over the years. Total B*ll*x. He was stabbed to death by a drug dealer outside his apartment a couple of years later, and was buried withing parping distance of Count Basie and John Coltrane.
    I'm always meeting my heroes .Fortunately they play what they want to & if anyone else likes it & they can make a living out of it then that's a bonus. They are the true artists.

Ok here's a little request for all of you. Gibe me 3 songs from the 50s through 80s. It can be all from 1 period, eg 60s or a mix 2 or more decades.
    And no Roger, not 3 songs from song unknown singer or country that you googled. Just 3 songs you truly like and recommend.

Much obliged.
    DLT was a bit of a p***k but not sure he was in the Savile/Glitter ‘class’, Rom.
    Anyway, those three songs...King Crimson, ‘I Talk to the Wind’, Leonard Cohen, ‘Famous Blue Raincoat’ and the Beach Boys, ‘Disney Girls’...sheer class!

There were accusations against him, but he basically bear the rap. Only got 3 months or so.
    Can't remember if the allegations were against children, I think just against women. Whatever it is, he's still a perverted deviant.

Much obliged.
    Only people from the Right and far Right listen to music from that era, or so a recent report suggests!

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Only people from the Right and far Right listen to music from that era, or so a recent report suggests!
    Lolz, he's just another attention seeker. Trying his best to spout his utter rubbish and also hoping to have a pop at me. The ruining of threads is becoming rather frequent. Shall we refer him for sanction, the next time he does that?

Much obliged.
    OK ,nothing obscure,all have been in the charts.
    My Back Pages- The Byrds.
    Suspicious Minds-Elvis Presley.
    Flame Trees- Cold Chisel.

Top 3 for the day

3. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley

2. Rhythm of the Night - Debarge

1. Ignoring his crimes, the top song of the day is - Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - R Harris

Top 3 for the day

3. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley

2. Rhythm of the Night - Debarge

1. Ignoring his crimes, the top song of the day is - Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - R Harris
    Lol...’Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport’ was a crime...against music!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...’Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport’ was a crime...against music!
    It's a funny old song I remember first hearing in the 90s after a trip Down Under and liked it immensely ever since.

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)