+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

A touch of in memoriam today. Just found out that we lost Denise Lasalle today. Just played the 2 45s I have from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suVPwp6SeSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eppvgjusDhI

RIP Denise

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A touch of in memoriam today. Just found out that we lost Denise Lasalle today. Just played the 2 45s I have from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suVPwp6SeSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eppvgjusDhI

RIP Denise
    Queen of the Malaco sound

Coincidentally as I read yours I was listening to a Philly-based contemporary, taken from us too soon (Brenda Payton)

Brenda And The Tabulations - 'One Girl too Late'

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Queen of the Malaco sound

Coincidentally as I read yours I was listening to a Philly-based contemporary, taken from us too soon (Brenda Payton)

Brenda And The Tabulations - 'One Girl too Late'
    Lots of Brenda and the Tabulations songs got aired on the Northern scene back in the day. Not heard very often these days as a lot of places are going down the "new, rare and underplayed" route and consider the old "standards" to be thrashed to death and stale. Then you get others who put a smidgin of rare and underplayed in amongst the old uns. Just oldies is boring. Just new or rare or underplayed equally so. Some of those songs are rare and underplayed for a reason.....

ramAnag Yes I've seen the Roy Orbison concert a few times its often on Sky Arts really good no miming there My wife absolutely hates his voice but then again she's into Michael Buble. that's says it all

Just the one song, and what a song it is. 1 of my all time favourites. RIP Mr Thomas.

Top 3 of the day from the Supersonic 80s and Crazy 70s:

1 Devil Woman - Cliff Richard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tuAkdlLhTE
    2 Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band
    3 Maneater - Darryl Hall and John Oates

Currently reminiscing along to:

Motorhead - 'Motorhead'. The last of classic line-up, guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clark, died today, and I thank him and his pals for providing the only means a non-drinker like me had of getting a morning hangover. If you go to a gig in the future and think its loud, it isn't. Motorhead were loud, head-in-a-vice loud, so farewell Eddie and thanks for the tinnitus

Loud is good. VERY LOUD IS BETTER!

It was November 79 (15th?) that Motorhead's Bomber tour rolled into town, and for the faithful who may troll this forum, what a night we had eh? Above all else I recall The Bomber itself, an early attempt at adding value to a show it was basically ten tons of scaffolding poles and scrap metal hung above the innocents in the crowd and looking like a wellington bomber chassis might have looked. How it didn't fall and kill us all I'll never know.

Edit, I just saw this on facebook and those who know Motorhead will understand why it bought a tear to my eye.

Name:  26219920_1602032259904487_2609633576379622396_n.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  33.3 KB
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;38759770]It was November 79 (15th?) that Motorhead's Bomber tour rolled into town, and for the faithful who may troll this forum, what a night we had eh? Above all else I recall The Bomber itself, an early attempt at adding value to a show it was basically ten tons of scaffolding poles and scrap metal hung above the innocents in the crowd and looking like a wellington bomber chassis might have looked. How it didn't fall and kill us all I'll never know.

Edit, I just saw this on facebook and those who know Motorhead will understand why it bought a tear to my eye.

Name:  26219920_1602032259904487_2609633576379622396_n.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  33.3 KB[/

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)