+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

I've had to drive up to Wakefield and back this morning Wanted some music to keep me company My wife had left a Cat Stevens CD in never realised how good he is

Cat Stevens had a hell of a role to fill if he made Wakefield seem tolerable

On the subject of cats, what was the name of Alexi Sayle's cat that he lost a few years ago?

Wilf Mbanga was the name Rog.

ach of course, I knew it was something wierd

but will the real wilf go back to zimbabwe now mugagbe is no more?

Roger. Nowt wrong with Wakefield compared to Derby it's Utopia. Did you realise its a city they even have electrification trains something we can only dream about I have to go on business otherwise I don't think I would bother All they talk about is rugby league and how dirty Leeds will be in the Prem next season

Currently listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQGqUfKbzk

Bad Company - Rock'n'Roll Fantasy

I mentioned in another thread a business I ran in the 90s selling promo copies of albums and singles from a big collection owned by a relative. part of my payment was 'keeping any stuff you fancy', and that 'stuff' included just about every rock album ever released on Atlantic or its subsidiaries/Vanity labels. I still have about fifty albums still wrapped and unplayed, and I open one up every now and then and treat it like I bought it back in the day, so basically play it to death for a few weeks. I've just unwrapped the first of four Bad Company albums I have yet to play, 'Desolation Angels', and this classic is the first cut on the album. Really diggin it man, and bear in mind this is 38 years ago and Paul Rodgers' voice is as good now as it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Roger. Nowt wrong with Wakefield compared to Derby it's Utopia. Did you realise its a city they even have electrification trains something we can only dream about I have to go on business otherwise I don't think I would bother All they talk about is rugby league and how dirty Leeds will be in the Prem next season
    ‘Nowt wrong with Wakefield’...as long as you steer clear of the prison that dominates the skyline. Home to some major nasties including the repulsive Philpott creature I believe.
    Wakefield Trinity on the other hand are one of the great names of RL, especially now they’ve dropped the ridiculous ‘Wild Cats’ label.

It's Leonard Cohen tonight!! I find his music and poetry quite fascinating and absorbing! Just over a year since we lost a superb talent and artist. Hellalujah Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    It's Leonard Cohen tonight!! I find his music and poetry quite fascinating and absorbing! Just over a year since we lost a superb talent and artist. Hellalujah Leonard.
    'I went to see my mother, she was slaughtering a lamb'. Heartening stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Lovely man, superb talent and a wonderful live performer, mac. I went to see Rufus Wainwright about three weeks ago who is the father of Leonard’s grandchild. Coincided with the 50th anniversary of LC’s first album and he played ‘So Long Marianne’ in tribute along, of course, with ‘Hallelujah’.
    He’s about the only performer whose death made me cry and the tears weren’t far away that night either...soft sod that I may be.

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)