+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Talking about songs, what's Derby's anthem song of any?
    It's happening again, it's happening again .....

Talking about songs, what's Derby's anthem song of any?
    ‘Steve Bloomer’s Watching’...don’t get me started...it’s all the proof that’s needed that there is ‘bad music’...imo!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Steve Bloomer’s Watching’...don’t get me started...it’s all the proof that’s needed that there is ‘bad music’...imo!
    Totally agree, it's bloody awful! It's time for a petition to change that SBW dross. We need something with a bit of oomph not something that puts the players to sleep!

Not trying to rub it in, but Forest's adaption of Mull of Kintyre is really awesome, almost equal to YNWA

Which inevitably leads it to be my song of the day:

1. YNWA - Gerry and the Pacemakers

Notables:

2. Needles and Pins - The Searchers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLqPtZUWJI I really love this song.

3. Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison performing live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJ99egc884

Not listening to it but heard it over the weekend.....now it's stuck in my nut and won't go away. it's that 1958 classic 'Hoots mon' by Lord Rockingham's Eleven.
    Having said that probably preferable to Lord Rowett's Eleven!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Not listening to it but heard it over the weekend.....now it's stuck in my nut and won't go away. it's that 1958 classic 'Hoots mon' by Lord Rockingham's Eleven.
    Having said that probably preferable to Lord Rowett's Eleven!!
    I had this on my jukebox for years. I exchanged a few letters (yes real pieces of paper!) with the organist Cherie Wainer a few years ago, a really infectious tune created by a bunch of broadly jazz session musicians who were part of British TV's efforts to sanitise rock'n'roll for the masses. They also acted as backing band for some of the Larry Parnes acts

'Really infectious' is an understatement!! It's so catchy that I'll probably be infected for weeks. Roll on Xmas, a few carol's might shift it!!
    I quite liked a bit of Kenny Ball and Acker Bilk but not so much Chris Barber!!

Not trying to rub it in, but Forest's adaption of Mull of Kintyre is really awesome, almost equal to YNWA
    dreadful dirge of a song!

I'll ignore swale's remarks and talk about my song of the day which is

Rockstar - Post Malone feat Savage 21

Runners up: Happy - Pharell Williams

Bronze - Tequila - The Champs

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)