+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread vs Lincoln

good run out but lets move onto Saturday and Oxford City COYP

Shows how deep our squad is not!

Phew

I guess the only thing tonight's game has showed us, that we can't afford too many injuries as the bench warmers don't seem to have the hunger or skill to step in yet, very few covered themselves in glory tonight

Quote Originally Posted by thelanelady View Post
    Shows how deep our squad is not!
    This^^^

What this has done is disrupt a good run with a needless defeat. Given KN's tendency to change his team for midweek games, I reckon he would rather not have had to put a team out for a pointless match. And now the extra numbers of nomarks (with famous Dads) we have hired for this futile competition are still on the books, with no chance of playing in any match that matters.

Still, at least it's over and done with.

Delighted to be out. Scrap the competition. Let's concentrate on doing well in proper competition like the league and FA Cup

The result itself doesn't bother me but what does is the 3 chances all the fringe players had to impress us and the boss and haven't really done so..milsom doesn't look half the player he was last season, walker is fringe at best, defenders look second string some going backwards

Hollis looks unlikely to get back into first team. Hunt is decent enough but legs going. Oh well bring on the Oxford , roll on league success and fingers crossed no injuries, maybe Nolan will add additional options in midfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I guess the only thing tonight's game has showed us, that we can't afford too many injuries as the bench warmers don't seem to have the hunger or skill to step in yet, very few covered themselves in glory tonight
    I don't think we even learn that, to be honest.

Let's face it, tonight we had a team thrown together, most of whom lack match sharpness, and some possibly lack motivation, so it's hardly surprising we get a flat performance. In fact, it happens more often than not when teams "play the reserves", no matter how much managers try to talk up the "opportunity to stake your claim" line. The reality is that when we need these players to step up into the real first team, it will be one or two players at any given time, not nine or ten, and this can be much more easily managed without losing the cohesion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast