+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match thread vs Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Hollis looks unlikely to get back into first team. Hunt is decent enough but legs going. Oh well bring on the Oxford , roll on league success and fingers crossed no injuries, maybe Nolan will add additional options in midfield ?
    You mean Noble?

Commentators on Radio Nottm were saying there's a distinct lack of cohesion between defence and midfield, Notts could not string three passes together and played as if there were no pre-match preparation. In my opinion it was either that, or lack of skill, or unable to follow or read the progression of the game (as in what might happen next), or not understanding the idea that the other team might actually want to win the game. Whatever it was, the players seemed to care about as much as I did.

Excellent result, delighted to say goodbye to this farcical competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Excellent result, delighted to say goodbye to this farcical competition.
    Sums it up perfectly. Second string team, let's get back to games that matter.

So no lots of win money, no potential trip to Wembley and no tweets from AH on the subject so close to his heart, well Ilson but not Notts. What a f00king waste of time. What's it called again?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    So no lots of win money, no potential trip to Wembley and no tweets from AH on the subject so close to his heart, well Ilson but not Notts. What a f00king waste of time. What's it called again?
    What's in a name> Still the p!ss pot competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Need a win to go through. What's the point in Saunders/Hodge if they can't even start in this competition?!

Pindroch

Hunt
    Bird
    Hollis
    Jones

Walker
    Thompson
    Milsom
    Allessandra

Smith
    Forte

Subs:

Fitzsimmons
    Grant
    Hodge
    Hewitt
    Hawkridge
    Saunders
    Stead
    Don't you know who their dad's are, they have to be good cos their dad's were.

Somehow I just knew I'd log on here this morning and see posts from Notts "fans" happy that their team had lost a match. Unbelievable. It's one thing to throw the dummy out about the competition itself - the future of which is determined not by Notts County but by the football authorities (and I agree they should have a serious look as to whether it's viable or interesting enough to keep fans on side). The fact that we take part though should be a cause for us as supporters to hope that the team we support actually WIN the game in front of them.

I for one am dissapointed this morning that my team have lost. Do you seriously think the players feel chuffed to bits that they lost a game? I never felt good about losing any match I ever played in, at any level, even pre season friendlies were there to be won. For a number of players now their competitive season is effectively over. What knock on does that have for their day to day involvement. It will rub off on the players/team/club as the season goes on.

This "I hope we lose", "I'm glad we lost", "I'm glad were out" shows a distinct lack of brain cells. Mind you, I concede one thing, at least on here people can express their sentiments in a reasonably mature way, unlike the numerous Facebook posters who cant see further than their nose end, cant spell or put a 4 word sentence together without various expletives.

AH said numerous times that this Comp was all about extra money in the Coffers..money that was to go directly back into the club..why people feel the need to be so vindictive is bemusing. Fair enough..he asked for the fan opinion which differed from his own..get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    AH said numerous times that this Comp was all about extra money in the Coffers..money that was to go directly back into the club..why people feel the need to be so vindictive is bemusing. Fair enough..he asked for the fan opinion which differed from his own..get over it.
    Totally agree Woodsetts, no point in entering if you don't want to win it. The squad is big enough to sustain a challenge in all comps. But yes it does show Saunders and Hodge will not play in the first team, so why were they signed in the first place, they just block lads like Alex Howes progress.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast