+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match thread vs Lincoln

Nolan has essentially fielded the reserves for this competition, which I think is fair enough way to approach a cup that a lot of people don't care about.

I would have liked us to progress as apart from the money, it would have been a great morale booster for players not otherwise involved - and therefore for the squad in general. As it is, I think there will now be some now for some that a new contract next summer is looking a lot less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Are you there?
    Yes I'm here, is there something I can help you with?

According to the Nottingham Post report Bird played well, but I sense you wanted to start an argument over the throwaway remark I made in reply to a post by DomdomPie.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Nolan has essentially fielded the reserves for this competition, which I think is fair enough way to approach a cup that a lot of people don't care about.

I would have liked us to progress as apart from the money, it would have been a great morale booster for players not otherwise involved - and therefore for the squad in general. As it is, I think there will now be some now for some that a new contract next summer is looking a lot less likely.
    It's baffling why some of our 'squad', were awarded a contract last summer. If you take out the 5 or 6,'average' players, surely that would have made enough wages for a couple of 'decent' players? Oh I forgot, Daddy said they were good.

I love to see Notts win and want them to win every match and it still hurts every time we lose .I know we can't win them all but ,it's still a morale booster to win no matter what the competition

The money might well have gone to pay Sheridan off? That must have hit AH hard.....£125k..?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    This "I hope we lose", "I'm glad we lost", "I'm glad were out" shows a distinct lack of brain cells.
    Then again, maybe it's the intelligent view of those capable of seeing the bigger picture. I have never been a fan of this competition from the start, but I attended the vast majority of the home games even though it never felt like a 'real' match. The thing that made me hate it with a passion was the decision to include Premiership 'B' / academy / U-21 (call them what you will) teams. I am convinced this was the thin end of the wedge to get Premiership second teams into a reshaped 100 team 5 division football league. That would kill the game as we know it and surveys showed the overwhelming majority of lower league supporters were against it. The Premiership however threw a bit of small change our way and bribed the League 1 & 2 chairman (like AH) to accept. That's the reason I refuse to attend any game in the EFL Trophy and hope the competition is a dismal failure. We have shown how easily we can be bought, the Premiership only need to throw a bit of cash and they'll get their way. I'm not happy to ruin over a century of history and tradition just to benefit Premiership second teams, which is why I think anyone who feels the same should boycott this farce.

Does that show a distinct lack of brain cells? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's baffling why some of our 'squad', were awarded a contract last summer. If you take out the 5 or 6,'average' players, surely that would have made enough wages for a couple of 'decent' players? Oh I forgot, Daddy said they were good.
    I can just about understand the decisions as they mostly fall into 2 categories: cheap backup, and young players that might develop.

Virtually all of them are on 1 year contracts, unlike previous years where we've been lumbered by the previous season's mistakes.

46 posts long and not one poster has revealed the final score. Only on Notts MAD would this happen. I presume Notts lost either 2-1 or 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    46 posts long and not one poster has revealed the final score. Only on Notts MAD would this happen. I presume Notts lost either 2-1 or 3-1.
    2-1

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Only on MAD would a "Notts fan" not know the s ore the morning after the game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast