+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunderland anyone?

Sunderland anyone?

According to press, Hecky in the frame again.....
    Go or stay if you were him?

I'd go because he could be on verge of sack here.

Any decent manager would avoid a club like Sunderland like the plague, big club yes but on a downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd go because he could be on verge of sack here.
    Way a see it, the way they've gone through managers, he'd be on the verge of sack there an all. He's said he isn't interested in the Sunderland job. So that's a problem for them. We've got a manager who has been successful and has been given time, a luxury a Sunderland manager probably doesn't have.

Its a short career and everyone has a shelf life. If he could get a three year deal and a pay off or greater still some success? Sunderland are a massive club and will get it right sooner rather than later.

Or he could stay here n' get his p45 when Mr Lee takes over. I'd take chance of employment anyday. A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush.

Also a club in crisis doing everything it can to fix things and prepared to go all out for that success. As opposed to a club in limbo that can't sit down and talk contracts with key players until it's taken over.

Do we think mr ree is going to bin hecky then? With bigger clubs interested id say heckies stock has gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Its a short career and everyone has a shelf life. If he could get a three year deal and a pay off or greater still some success? Sunderland are a massive club and will get it right sooner rather than later.

Or he could stay here n' get his p45 when Mr Lee takes over. I'd take chance of employment anyday. A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush.

Also a club in crisis doing everything it can to fix things and prepared to go all out for that success. As opposed to a club in limbo that can't sit down and talk contracts with key players until it's taken over.

Don't know how many times Hecky has to say it
    he likes it here & does not want to leave
    I know managers always say that sort of thing but I actually believe him

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't know how many times Hecky has to say it
    he likes it here & does not want to leave
    I know managers always say that sort of thing but I actually believe him
    Not my question Exile.... Would YOU go, or stay?

I wouldn’t go anywhere near Sunderland. Something is seriously wrong with that club, the constant decline and struggle must make it a depressing place to work . In fact I wouldn’t go near any of the North East clubs , they’re all potentially big but they all seem to be stuck in a never ending rut with everyone fed up .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Not my question Exile.... Would YOU go, or stay?
    You may notice Jules my post was responding to Ponte's post hence the quote but would agree with ESR above
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 08-11-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast