+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observations on The Pigsty tonight.

Observations on The Pigsty tonight.

First time I've set foot in the death trap Leppers Lane since the Bobby Davison Pig Spit Roast.
    Being largely empty reveals how absolutely awful the stadium actually is. Everywhere one looks there is rusting metal or crumbling concrete. Everywhere is patched up and camouflaged to cover up the all too obvious decrepit state of the place.
    The funniest part of the surreal experience was the bloke on the gate who took the money for admission. Put it in a plastic money bag and into his pocket. Given a couple of hundred Blades rocked up he had a good night. This being through a door not a turnstile. The place exudes corruption,decay and frankly the lingering aura of death. Exiting through that foul tunnel through which so much ongoing misery was borne was an unpleasant experience.
    Chancer needs to knock the f u c k er down and move out.
    I went tonight only to let my youngest experience the place. She was unimpressed.
    I doubt I'll ever visit the place again.
    Horrible structure,horrible layout,outdated and irrelevant in every possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    First time I've set foot in the death trap Leppers Lane since the Bobby Davison Pig Spit Roast.
    Being largely empty reveals how absolutely awful the stadium actually is. Everywhere one looks there is rusting metal or crumbling concrete. Everywhere is patched up and camouflaged to cover up the all too obvious decrepit state of the place.
    The funniest part of the surreal experience was the bloke on the gate who took the money for admission. Put it in a plastic money bag and into his pocket. Given a couple of hundred Blades rocked up he had a good night. This being through a door not a turnstile. The place exudes corruption,decay and frankly the lingering aura of death. Exiting through that foul tunnel through which so much ongoing misery was borne was an unpleasant experience.
    Chancer needs to knock the f u c k er down and move out.
    I went tonight only to let my youngest experience the place. She was unimpressed.
    I doubt I'll ever visit the place again.
    Horrible structure,horrible layout,outdated and irrelevant in every possible way.
    Did ya see owt of the Blockmod last night Sean? UTCB

How embarrassing,they have a Brian Laws wall of fame,scraping the barrel or what?

Can remember as a kid when it was the Wembley Of The North with the first cantilever stand. It was always a bit embarrasing when we played at a three sided crappy stadium. Only thing we had in our favour was a roof on the Kop. Amazing how things have changed and they now play in a rustbucket and we have a modern upto date ( kop excluded ) stadium, which will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Can remember as a kid when it was the Wembley Of The North with the first cantilever stand. It was always a bit embarrasing when we played at a three sided crappy stadium. Only thing we had in our favour was a roof on the Kop. Amazing how things have changed and they now play in a rustbucket and we have a modern upto date ( kop excluded ) stadium, which will only get better.
    Even back then, they managed to grab free hand-outs to get the work done.

The tarpaulin looks nice,snigger snigger

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Did ya see owt of the Blockmod last night Sean? UTCB
    No mate. Looked around for familliar faces but couldn't spot any.

We won 4-1 against Worksop Saturday rod.
    Play Chesterfield this weekend.

Wasn't the first cantilever stand even though they pretended it was.Even back then they were deluded liars

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Even back then, they managed to grab free hand-outs to get the work done.
    Yup, nbut they had a guy called EEric Taylor who could get things done. You're right though they've always been beggars.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Yup, nbut they had a guy called EEric Taylor who could get things done. You're right though they've always been beggars.
    Don't start to be like that lot and expand the truth.....they got a 'free stand' for the 66 WC but the SS was on a long term loan. I believe it took them 15 /20 years to pay it off - my wife worked for the accountancy firm that looked after Wendy's books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast