+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Priti Patel

[QUOTE=Bohinen;38701703]Reading this thread and seeing how very few people on this site support Corbyn's Labour and then looking at the position for voters as whole (40%) it does confirm the impression that Notts fans are largely old and male, and in some cases, bigoted. Someone referred to Owen Jones as 'queer', and it passed unnoticed. On other forums with proper moderation, calling someone 'queer' would earn a ban. But it's homophobia not racism, so that's OK on here.

Here's a link which shows a breakdown of voting in the last election, which maybe shows why so few on here support Labour. Women are more likely to vote Labour than men, as are the well educated, and people working full-time. Just the uneducated male coffin dodgers in the Tory camp now.

Unlike the wonderfully educated young that are leaving school struggling to read and write or going on to university to take some worthless degree. And have no experience of life and looking after themselves without relying on the bank of mum and dad.
    Last edited by i961pie; 10-11-2017 at 12:22 PM.

[QUOTE=i961pie;38701710]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Reading this thread and seeing how very few people on this site support Corbyn's Labour and then looking at the position for voters as whole (40%) it does confirm the impression that Notts fans are largely old and male, and in some cases, bigoted. Someone referred to Owen Jones as 'queer', and it passed unnoticed. On other forums with proper moderation, calling someone 'queer' would earn a ban. But it's homophobia not racism, so that's OK on here.

Here's a link which shows a breakdown of voting in the last election, which maybe shows why so few on here support Labour. Women are more likely to vote Labour than men, as are the well educated, and people working full-time. Just the uneducated male coffin dodgers in the Tory camp now.

Unlike the wonderfully educated young that are leaving school struggling to read and write or going on to university to take some worthless degree. And have no experience of life and looking after themselves without relying on the bank of mum and dad.
    What's your evidence for the above? Literacy has been at a fairly constant level since the war. The reliance on mum and dad is a bit rich, seeing that it was mum and dad's generation that created the current economic reality.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just because at the moment I don't like Corbyn and the present Labour party doesn't mean I am pro tory.
    It must be just coincidence that every single opinion you offer on these type of threads is a right wing anti-Labour view then!

You are so pro-Tory I've often wondered if you are Soccerman's son.

[QUOTE=i961pie;38701710]
    Reading this thread and seeing how very few people on this site support Corbyn's Labour and then looking at the position for voters as whole (40%) it does confirm the impression that Notts fans are largely old and male, and in some cases, bigoted. Someone referred to Owen Jones as 'queer', and it passed unnoticed. On other forums with proper moderation, calling someone 'queer' would earn a ban. But it's homophobia not racism, so that's OK on here.

It didn't pass unnoticed, Bo. Serious Pie is this site's equivalent of Donald Trump (which he will take as a compliment). He is an unreconstructed dinosaur who would willingly return to 1960's values. He actually thinks 'queer' is an OK term.

Nothing new there. Most votes are cast according to the voters life style. The young are generally more socially minded and caring (and also have an eye for their own pocket, student fee's? Kicking against austerity etc) and the middle aged get progressively more concerned with themselves as old age approaches. Grossly unfair to label elderly conservatives as uneducated when you should know that the educational opportunities when they were young didn't exist as they do today. I would say that the majority of your "coffin dodgers" (cheeky sod) had to get a job and couldn't skive away two or three years doing media friggin studies or the evolution of the pogo stick type courses.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Nothing new there. Most votes are cast according to the voters life style. The young are generally more socially minded and caring (and also have an eye for their own pocket, student fee's? Kicking against austerity etc) and the middle aged get progressively more concerned with themselves as old age approaches. Grossly unfair to label elderly conservatives as uneducated when you should know that the educational opportunities when they were young didn't exist as they do today. I would say that the majority of your "coffin dodgers" (cheeky sod) had to get a job and couldn't skive away two or three years doing media friggin studies or the evolution of the pogo stick type courses.
    Smiffy, these days each institute of higher ed has to publish tables showing how many of the previous year's graduates landed work. These tables are probably the most important indicator for would be students. I think the picture you paint is well out of date now

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It must be just coincidence that every single opinion you offer on these type of threads is a right wing anti-Labour view then!

You are so pro-Tory I've often wondered if you are Soccerman's son.
    An anti Labour view under the present leader and his 3rd choice shadow cabinet, even his own MPs don't trust him and most resigned. So why should I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    An anti Labour view under the present leader and his 3rd choice shadow cabinet, even his own MPs don't trust him and most resigned. So why should I trust him.
    I didn't suggest that you trust anyone. I was saying that it's hard to see anyone with views as right wing as yours as anything but a Tory.

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38701786]I didn't suggest that you trust anyone. I was saying that it's hard to see anyone with views as right wing as yours as anything but a Tory.[/QUOTE

Then you believe what you want, I know from experience you are like a dog with a bone and this could go on for ever so I won't give you the pleasure of continuing this discussion, the people who really know me know what my political thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't suggest that you trust anyone. I was saying that it's hard to see anyone with views as right wing as yours as anything but a Tory.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast