+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Priti Patel

O/T Priti Patel

Thought I would get in before Sid.
    Do you think it was easier to get rid of her than it would be to get rid of Boris or Hammond who are both liabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Do you think it was easier to get rid of her than it would be to get rid of Boris or Hammond who are both liabilities?
    She wasn't got rid of, she resigned. The Maybot couldn't sack her as it turns out she was aware of these meetings weeks ago.

Boris was a liability before he was appointed to the cabinet, he is a liability in the cabinet and would be a liability if sacked, not just to the government but to the UK as a whole. His comments about the UK national in jail in Iran would be enough for a Foreign Secretary to be got rid of if there was actually someone in charge.

This government are in absolute disarray. Snap election anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    She wasn't got rid of, she resigned. The Maybot couldn't sack her as it turns out she was aware of these meetings weeks ago.

Boris was a liability before he was appointed to the cabinet, he is a liability in the cabinet and would be a liability if sacked, not just to the government but to the UK as a whole. His comments about the UK national in jail in Iran would be enough for a Foreign Secretary to be got rid of if there was actually someone in charge.

This government are in absolute disarray. Snap election anyone?
    Do what you want I am happy in my QLD country mansion. I'm just happy that I had the courage of my convictions to leave the UK for a MUCH better life elsewhere and I recommend you do same. I'll just fly my flag at the Ashes and continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Do what you want I am happy in my QLD country mansion. I'm just happy that I had the courage of my convictions to leave the UK for a MUCH better life elsewhere and I recommend you do same. I'll just fly my flag at the Ashes and continue on.
    I can't remember British politics being in the complete mess it is in now. We have a government so weak and pathetic with no one you could want as PM. They lurch from one disaster to another daily with the most important negotiations on Brexit happening.
    Then in the opposition we have a far left 3rd choice 3rd rate shadow cabinet waiting to take over. Both parties scare the life out of me for different reasons, and I don't even want to think about the Lib dems or greens.
    As for Priti Patel resigning that is political speak for tender your resignation or you are sacked.

Well done for beating me to the draw, i961. I was busy leading my life at the time. You speak of the FAR left which shows me just how influenced you are by the media climate you live in.
    Myself, I get labelled on here as 'far left', which is plain ridiculous. I am moderate left. Far left does not believe in mixed market capitalism and is prepared to sacrifice democracy when it suits them. I am not a huge fan of Labour at the moment but the only far left element is made up of certain union connections. Nor am I a Corbyn fan, but I do think McDonnell is strong. He was running the City of London budget for Livingstone and made a fair hand of it. Because he can appear stern, people mistake this for extremism. He gives more straight answers than most.
    I also believe Starmer knows his stuff. There are other good uns and far fewer bad apples than the current Tory crop.
    The Maybot can survive the losses of Phallus and Pretty Pathetic but lose Bozo and Green and she's surely a goner.

I can't remember British politics being in the complete mess it is in now. We have a government so weak and pathetic with no one you could want as PM. They lurch from one disaster to another daily with the most important negotiations on Brexit happening.
    Then in the opposition we have a far left 3rd choice 3rd rate shadow cabinet waiting to take over. Both parties scare the life out of me for different reasons, and I don't even want to think about the Lib dems or greens.
    As for Priti Patel resigning that is political speak for tender your resignation or you are sacked.
    You are correct, we are in a mess. In my opinion, this is all down to Theresa May. Her mistake was not in calling the last election, but the way she thought she could hide in the dark for the entire campaign. She was right to call the election and if she'd fought a positive campaign (how many times have we heard this in relation to previous elections and referendums) she would have got the increased majority she was looking for.

This would have lead to a 'strong and stable' government, with enough wriggle room to remove the odd cabinet minister when required. A united approach to Brexit, which would have got us a much better deal than what we'll end up with. And even more importantly, wiped Marxist Corbyn from the political map once and for all. Thanks Theresa. From a pissed off Conservative, Brexit supporting voter.

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    You are correct, we are in a mess. In my opinion, this is all down to Theresa May. Her mistake was not in calling the last election, but the way she thought she could hide in the dark for the entire campaign. She was right to call the election and if she'd fought a positive campaign (how many times have we heard this in relation to previous elections and referendums) she would have got the increased majority she was looking for.

This would have lead to a 'strong and stable' government, with enough wriggle room to remove the odd cabinet minister when required. A united approach to Brexit, which would have got us a much better deal than what we'll end up with. And even more importantly, wiped Marxist Corbyn from the political map once and for all. Thanks Theresa. From a pissed off Conservative, Brexit supporting voter.
    Who spells led as lead. Sorry, I put my SPAG uniform on while I enjoyed your immense discomfort

Lightbulb

Easier just because what she did was priti shocking - going rogue in disputed, unrecognised territories setting up a bung of our taxpayers money to the Israeli army, keeping schtum and then lying to the PM about it (that's what not disclosing the last two meetings amounted too). Sure, plenty of other dodgy candidates are lining up for the chop, but you can understand why Priti Thatcherite jumped to the front of the queue.

I've seen some good jokes about the 'holiday' pretext

John Crace - ''There she had been, just minding her business in a Golan Heights water park with her family, when who should be on the next sunbed than Benjamin Netanyahu? It would have been much too rude not to talk to him and one thing had just led to another and before she knew it she was having meetings with 12 of his mates. As you do.''

Mark Steel - I sympathise with Priti Patel. When I was 12 our holiday in Bognor was spoilt when we bumped into Menachem Begin and couldn't get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Who spells led as lead.
    Who doesn't add a question mark to a question?

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    Who doesn't add a question mark to a question?
    A statement, old lad, not a question so perhaps it should have read ....who doesn't etc

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast