+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Crusaders

Has to be a good blend of guys who are needing game time and less youngsters than last time, McMullan could do with a game for example

No way do I want us to lose to a team from NI in a competitive game, we need to go all out to win while not risking players who are starting just now, those that need game time plus 2-3 youngsters

Or record btw is
    Coleraine p2 w2
    Glentoran p2 w2
    Linfield p1 w1
    Crusaders...?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Not one of the guys that started v St Mirren should be starting this. If the likes of Durnan or Robson were to pick up a meaningful injury playing in this you'd be furious. For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a completely meaningless competition that carries no weight whatsoever. Continued participation in it runs the risk of over playing the squad, resulting in too many games over the course of the season. Have people forgotten about its legacy when it came to the play offs last season already?

Giving young players valuable experience against seasoned pros is brilliant, offering experience that can't be gained in the Development League. And if they keep winning, all the better. But for goodness sake, no first teamers. Scottish Cup, yes. But this Diddy farce of a trophy - no danger.
    You've nailed it there James.

Does anyone really think that losing on Saturday in this absolute waste of time cup will ruin the momentum that's been built up in the last 2 good wins/displays when we come to play Falkirk?

I don't.

Personally don't want to find out, embarrassing losing to this team so I'll take winning both, can play a relatively strong team without risking anyone that will play next week and without making it a development team like last month

For one thing this Fizzy Cup is not a waste of time. For Crusaders this is a very important tie and they will be up for it, as Linfield were. For us, we have just appointed a new manager and it is a real test, without the risk of losing 3 points, for him to assess first hand the quality and style of players he has at his disposal. This should be treated as a trial for the big game against Falkirk the following week. He will have a week to work on any weaknesses and tactics for that game and beyond. This Fizzy tie is a very timely and fortunate game at this moment in time. Our team is in dire need of learning to hit the back of the net far more regularly. Here s a great chance to practice how.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    For one thing this Fizzy Cup is not a waste of time. For Crusaders this is a very important tie and they will be up for it, as Linfield were. For us, we have just appointed a new manager and it is a real test, without the risk of losing 3 points, for him to assess first hand the quality and style of players he has at his disposal. This should be treated as a trial for the big game against Falkirk the following week. He will have a week to work on any weaknesses and tactics for that game and beyond. This Fizzy tie is a very timely and fortunate game at this moment in time. Our team is in dire need of learning to hit the back of the net far more regularly. Here s a great chance to practice how.
    Thanks Ram, saved me having a rant.
    No respect

Maybe we should stop training lest we get injured.
    We will have 8 days til the next league game.
    This game has gathered a totally different significance at a very opportune time & I'm intrigued as how we're going to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Thanks Ram, saved me having a rant.
    No respect

Maybe we should stop training lest we get injured.
    We will have 8 days til the next league game.
    This game has gathered a totally different significance at a very opportune time & I'm intrigued as how we're going to play it.
    Good show Smeds. You should agree with me more often. I find that ploughing a lone furrow gets a bit tedious at times. It is nice to have a bit of harmony!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Not one of the guys that started v St Mirren should be starting this. If the likes of Durnan or Robson were to pick up a meaningful injury playing in this you'd be furious. For the avoidance of any doubt, this is a completely meaningless competition that carries no weight whatsoever. Continued participation in it runs the risk of over playing the squad, resulting in too many games over the course of the season. Have people forgotten about its legacy when it came to the play offs last season already?

Giving young players valuable experience against seasoned pros is brilliant, offering experience that can't be gained in the Development League. And if they keep winning, all the better. But for goodness sake, no first teamers. Scottish Cup, yes. But this Diddy farce of a trophy - no danger.
    Thing is there is now adequate cover in all positions and an injury wont affect us as bad as last season. Yes in the grand scheme, i couldnt care less if we went on and won this again, but we have a new manager in place who may need to use this game for the greater good of the objective. He might even like it on his CV?

As for the Scottish, domestic cleans sweep again this season so no point putting in the effort for me!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Good show Smeds. You should agree with me more often. I find that ploughing a lone furrow gets a bit tedious at times. It is nice to have a bit of harmony!
    wrong! i want total random nonsense (like shabbas interview) - durnan and lewis up front and a sprinkle of youth at the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    wrong! i want total random nonsense (like shabbas interview) - durnan and lewis up front and a sprinkle of youth at the rear.
    That's exactly what I mean!! Field our strongest possible side!

Is the match on telly?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)