+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Crusaders

Surely this will be an ideal opportunity for shabba to test out his players playing the system he wants them to play as a free go.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Surely this will be an ideal opportunity for shabba to test out his players playing the system he wants them to play as a free go.
    Dont care what he does - if we lose with kids fine if we lose with all 1st team players thats something he has to look at.

I would do what youve said strongest team (minus Lewis and maybe one or two) but see if they get the message. Perfect opportunity to try out in a competitive game at home

Edit to say and i dont care about the competition or cup but its an opportunity.

Future is bright ladies and gentlemen. And the dees have phucked off rather quick recently. Pleasing

There’s probably 6 or 7 games where all the players really raise their game. A new manager is going to generate that.

We’d be much better saving that for a tricky match v Falkirk than wasting it in fizzy pop

The young lads have done great so far and been a credit in fizzy pop

Shabba says the ONLY goal is promotion. I’m with Shabba on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    There’s probably 6 or 7 games where all the players really raise their game. A new manager is going to generate that.

We’d be much better saving that for a tricky match v Falkirk than wasting it in fizzy pop

The young lads have done great so far and been a credit in fizzy pop

Shabba says the ONLY goal is promotion. I’m with Shabba on that one.
    There's a bit of division on this one but I'm with you LS. This tournament is as pointless as the Forfarshire Cup. Further, the difference with still trying your best in the major trophies, is that they are precisely that - MAJOR trophies. And in the Scottish, if we get a decent run it may actually generate some TV money with favourable draws even though we have zero chance of winning the thing - money we could really do with. The fizzy generates diddly squat.

Further, the semi and final of the fizzy coincide with home games v Dumbarton and Dunfermline next year. This would mean rescheduling those to a midweek which would undoubtedly affect the attendance and therefore, money taken. And, also do we really want our schedule to be interrupted at that crucial time for this totally diddy competition. It happened last season and didn't exactly help, did it?

Dundee United FC‏Verified account @dundeeunitedfc · 47s seconds ago

KICK OFF DELAYED : Today’s game will now kick off at 1-15pm now due to our opponents @CrusadersFC brings delayed.

Nice mix in there. I’d say Shabba has got this about right.

Come on United!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Happy with that, just about right imo.

Well Shabba that’s the kind of pish you’re working with, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Happy with that, just about right imo.
    Ok so 2-1 In the end.

Am I happy Utd lost? No.

Am I disappointed about being out? No.

Would I rather we weren't having to compete in this next season? Absolutely 100% yes.

And today's result frankly will help considerably toward the latter.

COYT and FTD.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)