+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fizzy Pop v Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    A new manager coming in should normally have a bounce effect in performances. My concern is, granted it was a weakened team, these players didn't respond positively and I don't want the new manager mystique to evaporate quickly. I maintain it would have been better preparation for next week playing a stronger team and on the back of a win.
    As Stokes (not Anthony by the way!) says, it's all about opinions. You see things how I see them. Others think differently. That's their prerogative.

A new manager coming in should normally have a bounce effect in performances. My concern is, granted it was a weakened team, these players didn't respond positively and I don't want the new manager mystique to evaporate quickly. I maintain it would have been better preparation for next week playing a stronger team and on the back of a win.
    Well if the selected 11 go out on Sunday and give a poor performance and get beat you will be entitled to say you were right

Result means nothing, don’t believe it will have a negative affect. Ray said last year our downfall was winning that stupid cup so I recon it’s best we are out of it. However as Shabba said it was the performance of every player on the park. My worry is that apart from Fraser and occasionally king/mcmullan we have no players to create anything attackingly. Their keeper yesterday was 42 years old and all our best chances were long range efforts.

The Saviour must have been impressed with the 3pm fire drill.
    And just over 2,000 present for his first game,
    Wonder what kind of draw we'll get in the Williehill this season, do we have to play in it?

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    The Saviour must have been impressed with the 3pm fire drill.
    And just over 2,000 present for his first game,
    Wonder what kind of draw we'll get in the Williehill this season, do we have to play in it?
    You comparing the scottish cup to the diddy cup????

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Stokes, Re the above. I will gladly accept your view if we trounce Falkirk next weekend. Yesterday could have been a huge confidence booster for the Falkirk game, had there been a performance of note from the players selected. However, the poor performance (back to the old ways) has caused a lot of apprehension.
    and shabbas reaction to what we already knew with many of our players is the positive here. Wont take it - Keatings, McMullan, Quinn, edge, Nkoyi - unacceptable. Up to them. Seriously stoke is right 1st 11 we get beat, even in this joke of a cup, fair enough we have issues. momentum? reserve football shouldnt affect our first team but our reserves are crap so we need to get strength in depth.

there was no ground available for a bounce. Sunday provides that concrete. Diddy cup immaterial except shabba now knows he has a lot of wasters in the periphery. Good - a win win as some of them could actually help us get up.

Yep, totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    You comparing the scottish cup to the diddy cup????
    A player might get injured and hinder our run for promotion.
    And what if we draw Celtic, what's that going to do to our confidence/momentum?
    Email the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just shows how awful the press are up here, surely anyone doing the slightest bit of research would see we played a completely different Xi to the last two league games and the headline would reflect the reality

"shadow United side beaten by Crusaders"
    etc
    Yeah, you know that and I know that but for everyone else it just looks like a really sh1t result for our new manager.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)